you'll get one or two mate but do ask yourself is it realy the right thing to do,finding stone dead birds in any sort of cover can be extremely chalenging even if they are close and you have marked them well but retreiving runners is a hole different kettle of fish.what seems like an easy task to catch up with a wounded cockbird across a ploughed field soon proves to be a nightmare when he runs up a furough and in to the ditch across the way and is lost(wounded).

bearing in mind most of the pheasants that you will get a shot at will be shot from behind because of the nature of the type of shooting your doing which protets the head thus a less likley clean kill.I dont wish to spoil you fun fella and i understand these comments are easy for me to make with kennles full of dogs but do think about it mate because i can assure you that you will when you get home and have left a few in the field wondering if their dead yet or not.

ATB

you'll get one or two mate but do ask yourself is it realy the right thing to do,finding stone dead birds in any sort of cover can be extremely chalenging even if they are close and you have marked them well but retreiving runners is a hole different kettle of fish.what seems like an easy task to catch up with a wounded cockbird across a ploughed field soon proves to be a nightmare when he runs up a furough and in to the ditch across the way and is lost(wounded).

bearing in mind most of the pheasants that you will get a shot at will be shot from behind because of the nature of the type of shooting your doing which protets the head thus a less likley clean kill.I dont wish to spoil you fun fella and i understand these comments are easy for me to make with kennles full of dogs but do think about it mate because i can assure you that you will when you get home and have left a few in the field wondering if their dead yet or not.

ATB

thanks mate