Did you see the lure coursing?? I coundnt make head nor tail of the judges decisions I always thought it was decided on the dog making the tightest turns and following the lure to the end of the course yet the judge seemed to award most decisions to dogs that never crossed the finish line

Speaking to the eventual winner and he was mystified at a couple of decisions and on one occasion one dog never got to the first turn then picked up the lure on the home leg and got the decision :unsure:

My Willow ran in the straight racing but my friends dogs ran in the coursing.. .. it was taking a long time so I went for a mooch around the stalls with my lad ( a mistake) :icon_eek: on returning some time later with a lighter purse I was more than a little surprised to see the coursing still running. Apparently it was delayed while they went to do the 'chase the bunny' in the main ring.. :blink:

Yes, I heard from a few who ran their dogs in the coursing event that it was a very odd way of judging and unusual results.. from what I have seen in the past.. they're slipped.. run through gates and 1st over the line..

There are a couple of members on here who ran there dogs ... maybe could enlighten us... :yes: Thats why I keep it simple and straight race.. ;)

I'm still scratching my head about some of the decisions made, my dog got knocked out because the other dog "made a strike" at the lure, and after the first turn it was behind all the way.

Most of the decisions were made on the first turn, which isn't what coursing is about.

I think it was a case of if your face fits, or were regulars at lurcherworld events you went through,

Did you see the lure coursing?? I coundnt make head nor tail of the judges decisions I always thought it was decided on the dog making the tightest turns and following the lure to the end of the course yet the judge seemed to award most decisions to dogs that never crossed the finish line

Speaking to the eventual winner and he was mystified at a couple of decisions and on one occasion one dog never got to the first turn then picked up the lure on the home leg and got the decision :unsure:

My Willow ran in the straight racing but my friends dogs ran in the coursing.. .. it was taking a long time so I went for a mooch around the stalls with my lad ( a mistake) :icon_eek: on returning some time later with a lighter purse I was more than a little surprised to see the coursing still running. Apparently it was delayed while they went to do the 'chase the bunny' in the main ring.. :blink:

Yes, I heard from a few who ran their dogs in the coursing event that it was a very odd way of judging and unusual results.. from what I have seen in the past.. they're slipped.. run through gates and 1st over the line..

There are a couple of members on here who ran there dogs ... maybe could enlighten us... :yes: Thats why I keep it simple and straight race.. ;)

I'm still scratching my head about some of the decisions made, my dog got knocked out because the other dog "made a strike" at the lure, and after the first turn it was behind all the way.

Most of the decisions were made on the first turn, which isn't what coursing is about.

I think it was a case of if your face fits, or were regulars at lurcherworld events you went through,

I think your right from where the judge was standing he only got to see the first turn and I noticed that certain dogs seemed to get away from the slipper a yard or two earlier