books

Guest Side by Side

Guest Side by Side

hey all mate of mine has given me a few books and was wondering if any of you had read/heared of them... and if you have what u think of them....:

gone to the dogs - robin page

fair game the law of country sports and the protection of wildlife - charlie parkes & john thornley

lurchers and longdogs - E.G walsh

a history of english country sports - michael billett

the intelligence of dogs - stanley coren

hunt and working terriers - capt.j.lucas mc - forward by brien plumber

the ferret and ferreting handbook - james mckay

the dog owners veterinary handbook - john bower & david youngs

lambourn - david hancock

handbook of shooting - BASC

the compleate lurcher - D.Brian plummer

countywoman - emma ford

happy hunting

SBS

Guest Side by Side

well i planning n reading the hun and working terrier one first now.... just going to finsh chris ryan book i am on now off frst then have a read of it.... had a quick skim thro it and looking foward to reading it... then again i looking foward to reading all of them..... but not one after another lol...

happy hunting

SBS

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Is the McKay (ferret) book sort of slim, brown and with a white or sandy ferret on the front? If so, sling it in the f***ing bin. Save wasting your time with it.

'Fair Game' ? I'd suggest you read it ~ now ~ as something of passing, historical interest. It's over a decade old and laws have changed a lot since that ones day. Rely on anything in there and you could well end up in sh*t street. Enjoy it. But keep yourself abreast of current laws.

Anyway, lucky you. Make a change from the glare of the screen, eh? :good:

Guest Side by Side
Is the McKay (ferret) book sort of slim, brown and with a white or sandy ferret on the front? If so, sling it in the f***ing bin. Save wasting your time with it.

'Fair Game' ? I'd suggest you read it ~ now ~ as something of passing, historical interest. It's over a decade old and laws have changed a lot since that ones day. Rely on anything in there and you could well end up in sh*t street. Enjoy it. But keep yourself abreast of current laws.

Anyway, lucky you. Make a change from the glare of the screen, eh? :good:

cheers mate...

na the fettering book is green with a cream binder witha small polecat at the bottom and a bloke at the top....

ai i check up now and again to see if anything has changed with in the law.... ;)

happy hunting

SBS