The best lamping battery ever!!!!

Well I've been carrying the lead acid high drain battery for too long now and thought it was time to splash the cash and get the dogs nuts :D

As we all know if you don't keep your lead acid battery well charged and maintained then they fade away and die, well not no more. If your serious about lamping and don't want to be taking half a ton of lead acid battery about with you, and in those long dark winter nights you may need 2 or more fully charged and waiting. Look no further Deben have brought out the 12 volt 10Ah Lithium ion battery and man these things keep even the highest powered bulbs going all night and some of my buddies have done 5 nights running on just one charge!!

Now these are pricey but they are well worth every penny, firstly they are very light (0.9kg compared to the 2.5kg equivalent Sealed Lead Acid) so you don't feel like your carrying the kitchen sink around at night. This is a real bonus for those all night trips whilst climbing all those farmers gates etc etc. Secondly it has a flat discharge curve so stays brighter for longer, thirdly these batteries have no memory effect unlike Lead acid and Ni-cad..

These are fully protected from short circuit and over charging etc, all of these electronic goodies are inside the battery unit itself.

Finally the unit from flat will charge up in 7-7.5 hours from the mains to give you all the lamping fun you could ever want so no need to charge from the car and get stuck in the field because your car battery has gone flat.

Deben don't seem to do a car charger for this as yet but IMO you don't need it, as I've been testing mine and it has given me 3 nights of 5 hour lamping trips with peak performance. After all that I put it on charge and it took 3 hours to charge up to full B)

Go figure as the Americans say :p

HERE'S THE DEBEN BATTERY PACK LINK.

:clapper:

Like I said, definitely worth the investment!

You know you'll now get loads of posts and PM's asking exactly how long it lasts, to the minute :blink:

Am well happy with mine, as are the lads who bought one on my recommendation.

It's the way it discharges that makes it so excellent, as above it has that flat curve so it stays the same all the way through.