Ideal hawk/falcon?

Guest quinny1

Guest quinny1

Any ideas? Permission for land in Norfolk, arable, plenty of open space. Rabbits, pheasants, partridges, the odd hare and corvids are about. Something easy to train and manage as i am a complete novice. Thanks for any tips :good:

Quinny.

Guest what a flight

Alright quinny,

sounds ideal land for either a gos,that can take all the quarry you mention or a longwing hunting the feather.but these arn't easy to manage or train by far,two totally diffrent roads to go down,you can pick up bits and peices from books regarding housing furniture and other mundane stuff,but when it comes down to actually learning about getting a bird into condition and hunting with it,the very best advice i can give you is get out there with someone doing it proper if you can :good: .......

W A F........

Guest hawkaholic

W.A.F thats very good advice [bANNED TEXT] when i had a look at the post i thought the same thing ! GOS GROUND :icon_eek: , as you said falcons are a difrent kettle of fish ! but there is one falcon that springs to mind :big_boss: the saker falcon , these falcons can be flown off of the fist in the same style as flying a gos or a harris, these falcons will fly at game on the ground as well as game in the air and these falcons are prety easy to man and train , entering them onto quary is prety easy ! the bad side with them is ! they do have a tendancy to go for a spin about on there own , in falconry terms this means ! they will rake out ! and finding them somtimes can take a wee while and you will certanly need wheels and a good telemitry set !! a harris hawk would be best for ya ays thinks :good: .....

Any ideas? Permission for land in Norfolk, arable, plenty of open space. Rabbits, pheasants, partridges, the odd hare and corvids are about. Something easy to train and manage as i am a complete novice. Thanks for any tips :good:

Quinny.

Quinny

Sounds like sound advice from the last two posts, where abouts are you in Norfolk? I'm in the West Norfolk area which has some large wide open game land where you can certainly fly a Longwing .

Cheers

Tony