Llansadwrn terrier & Lurcher show Carmarthenshire SA19 8HH Thursday 20th August.

Classes start 5.00. It could be one of your last chances to qualify for Chatsworth and The Welsh Valleys and The Pride of the Peaks. All usual classes followed by racing great prizes. Bar and B-B-Q.

Just a fun night out please try to come along.

Also has any of you been to ony of our shows? I would like to know your opinion be it good or bad

it will help to improve the shows. look forward to seeing you Thursday and reading your replies

• 2 weeks later...

Llansadwrn terrier & Lurcher show Carmarthenshire SA19 8HH Thursday 20th August.

Classes start 5.00. It could be one of your last chances to qualify for Chatsworth and The Welsh Valleys and The Pride of the Peaks. All usual classes followed by racing great prizes. Bar and B-B-Q.

Just a fun night out please try to come along.

Also has any of you been to ony of our shows? I would like to know your opinion be it good or bad

it will help to improve the shows. look forward to seeing you Thursday and reading your replies

Hi yes, I've been to your show before - last year infact and sadly, couldn't make it this year. If you want constructive criticism on last year, then here goes...

Thought it was GREAT! It was one of the most memorable shows I have ever been to (except our own of course!)

Although it was muddy, there was a fantastic community spirit with the tractors on hand to pull everyone out! I wish we could have a show like that round our way with not only the dogs, but the craft too.... stick making classes and the best bale of hay etc etc. Sure you get those kind of classes at the big country shows, but Llansadwrn is a little village in deepest darkest Wales and to produce animals and craft of the standard presented was amazing.

The only negative criticism I have (and bear in mind this is last year) was the size of the rings and the length of the grass... Perhaps not alot you could have done about that though given the wet conditions.

Oh, the lamb burgers and tea cakes were first class too and the judges were incredibly helpful. I asked for constructive criticism on my dogs and got it. The terrier judge in particular was fabulous, very kind and helpful. All judges should be willing and able to give tips and advice (after the class of course!). That's just my opinion though!

I was delighted too to receive a schedule for this year's show - a good policy. Please send me one next year. I have already asked my welsh friends to arrange that we visit them during the week when your show is on.

All in all, just keep doing what you're doing. I heard this year was fantastic too, so you're not doing much wrong!

Well done!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and yes the ring was way to small, the show committe would only allow us the use of the ring that was used for the companion dog show in the afternoon and it was to small even for that.

You should come to the Llansadwrn Country Fair in June, much bigger rings and it's a good fun day. Thanks for your kind words and hope to see you next year

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and yes the ring was way to small, the show committe would only allow us the use of the ring that was used for the companion dog show in the afternoon and it was to small even for that.

You should come to the Llansadwrn Country Fair in June, much bigger rings and it's a good fun day. Thanks for your kind words and hope to see you next year

Hi - can't praise it enough... On the ring front - a small ring doesn't really prevent the judge from picking the best dog - and I know the Champions were fantastic dogs, (esp terrier champ who I've seen before - and I believe retained his title this year?...) so in the scheme of things it probably made no difference to the outcome... just a minute detail. I guess the fact that you've had no other feedback on this post means that you're doing a great job!

Sincerely hoping to come again next year..., guess I'll have to ask my welsh friends to put me up in June and August!