chesil beach dorset

I've fished it a long time back, Cogden and West Bexington, no different from most places as far as I'm concerned, wasn't snaggy where we fished yer just gotta watch out on windy conditions as it can take the pebbles from underneath yer rather quickly. We had a good fire going on the beach from the plentiful flotsam.

Apart from what we brought we also cooked a nice bass we caught, lovely. ;)

Watch out for the day trippers and mackerel bashers during the day, most of the bigger fish come in at night, last time i fished there we were using lugworm (massive things) nearly a foot long from weymouth angling centre, huge ragworms, fresh and frozen crab, caught several large wrasse, a decent sized bass and shed loads of dogfish.

Never lost any tackle, watch out for the pebbles shifting, especially when you get near the waters edge when landing fish.

Have a good one.

Edited by andyp
anyone got any tips fishing this type of beach going down there soon to see a gamekeeper friend and fancy a go on the beach i do alot of beach casting but its all on the east coast.

sometimes a live 3" poorcod/pout tethered close in works well for bass at night,but keep well away from the tilly lamp huggers.

i fish chesil beach about 40- 50 times a year i really enjoy fishing there but as people have already said its much better to fish there in the evenings, always a range of fish to be caught stack loads of dog fish conger bass pollack from the old oil drum section there is a large amount of smoothhound at this time of year, also the chance of cod in the winter, i would go and give it a go mate.