NEW AIR GUN

Hay hay. I have decided to purchase a new air gun and I need your "expert" opinions im not looking to spend over £200 for it but if it’s worth it I will deeply consider it. I have a b2 and a custom b2 :icon_redface: and well… its shit, I hit a pigeon with it and I swear the pellet just bounced off it :( . Any way im looking to buy something suitable for rabbit and maybe a bit of crow control, I want it accurate and powerful but not a price tag that is over to odds. ;) any advice will be appreciated thanks.

Nathan

arite mate go to this website www.guntrader.co.uk look under pre charged air rifles and there is a bsa ultra kit for £250 thats rifle silencer an scope and thas a good gun, or again same website clik on air rifles and thn click on underlever then click on .22 andfor £225 you can get a weirauch hw97k which in my opinion is one of the best sring air rifles you can buy, either would be sufficent and both are very good guns personally id go for the weirauch, both are second hand as your not going to get anything decent enough to shoot live quarry brand new for £200, if you wat to see a picture of the weirauch type it in on the internet and there are plenty of pictures,

all the best mate

adam

Hay hay. I have decided to purchase a new air gun and I need your "expert" opinions im not looking to spend over £200 for it but if it’s worth it I will deeply consider it. I have a b2 and a custom b2 :icon_redface: and well… its shit, I hit a pigeon with it and I swear the pellet just bounced off it :( . Any way im looking to buy something suitable for rabbit and maybe a bit of crow control, I want it accurate and powerful but not a price tag that is over to odds. ;) any advice will be appreciated thanks.

Nathan

Here is what £200 will get you in good quality hard hitting springers not shy of knocking a buck rabbit over.

Top, HW80K Heavy break barrel springer hardwood stock good quality record trigger @ 11.20ftlbs.

Kral under lever springer anti beartrap resin stock quality built Turkish arm @ 11.06 ftlbs.

Remmington Genesis break barrel springer resin stock built in USA well made @ 11.09 ftlbs.

Cometa Fenix 400 break barrel springer hardwood stock as good as the HWs best Spanish built air rifle @ 11.26 ftlbs

Hope this helps.

Atb, Foxon.

post-37006-1247683545.jpg

Hi Mate,

Absolutely agree with foxon that to keep within the £200 range you need to look at springers. Bear in mind that with a pcp you need at least £100 for either a bottle or a pump, doesn't leave much for the gun

Also, bear in mind you need a scope, I'd recommend a decent 4x32 or 4x40, well worth £30ish

I'd suggest you go one of two ways

- stretch your budget to £240ish and get the BSA Lightening XL (even better if you can get a second hand one, but these guns don't hang around long)

- Go looking for a good second hand rifle that was the dogs ballox in its day (Weihrauch HW95, BSA Airsporter, etc, etc). These are still better than new guns in the £150-£200 price range in my opinion

Either way, make sure you try it first and you enjoy shooting it.

Good luck

hi mate

if i was in your shoes and had 200 pounds to spare i would go for a 2nd hand wheirauch you could get a 97 77 or 80 for that price with a good scope,bag etc these guns are bag fillers but they are a bit on the heavy side ,me personally would go for the wheirauch 95 you could get a 2nd hand one cheaper than 200 and they are v good ,full power ,accurate,light weight and sturdy i have just sold mine the other week and am in deep regret

I hope i have helped in some way

Happy hunting

Hi Mate,

Absolutely agree with foxon that to keep within the £200 range you need to look at springers. Bear in mind that with a pcp you need at least £100 for either a bottle or a pump, doesn't leave much for the gun

Also, bear in mind you need a scope, I'd recommend a decent 4x32 or 4x40, well worth £30ish

I'd suggest you go one of two ways

- stretch your budget to £240ish and get the BSA Lightening XL (even better if you can get a second hand one, but these guns don't hang around long)

- Go looking for a good second hand rifle that was the dogs ballox in its day (Weihrauch HW95, BSA Airsporter, etc, etc). These are still better than new guns in the £150-£200 price range in my opinion

Either way, make sure you try it first and you enjoy shooting it.

Good luck

You took the words out of my mouth, the Lightening XL makes for a great Custom gun (Tuner) a fantastic hard hitter, with the rifleing to take the faster pellet, you can make these sec 1 before you know it, be mindfull of this & the same with HW 80 & 90 range you can put these over with very little work.

foxon.

thanks for the advice guys, im going to my local shop at the weekend and have aranged to try the lightening xl and the Weihrauch HW95 out so those little bunnys better watchout :D . what pellets would you recomend for hunting ????

thanks for the advice guys, im going to my local shop at the weekend and have aranged to try the lightening xl and the Weihrauch HW95 out so those little bunnys better watchout :D . what pellets would you recomend for hunting ????

Everyone has their own preference. I've always found the Air Arms Field Diablo to work well in any guns I've owned. Probably a good starting point.

I'm of the opinion that domed pellets are the best all round for accuracy and both long and short range killing.

Get loads of practice in your garden before heading out to the field. One shot one kill!

any pellet that suites your gun. although Air Arms diablo fields are good as are accupells and (my personal fave in my lightning xl) RWS superdomes. if you want to buy my gun you can, which has a gas ram fitted for smoother firing and less time between when you pull the trigger andthe pellet leaves the barrel. it is also cammoed on barrel and scope, which is a 3-9x40. bargain.

Edited by aaronpigeonplucker
any pellet that suites your gun. although Air Arms diablo fields are good as are accupells and (my personal fave in my lightning xl) RWS superdomes. if you want to buy my gun you can, which has a gas ram fitted for smoother firing and less time between when you pull the trigger andthe pellet leaves the barrel. it is also cammoed on barrel and scope, which is a 3-9x40. bargain.

I was going to post on here that I was sure someone had a LighteningXL for sale.

Buy this gun off this bloke! Its an absolute bargain!