Vauxhall Frontera LWB 99 V

My daily driver Vauxhall Frontera 2.2 LTD edition 4x4, has every extra, heated seats mirrors ac cd rcl ps pb ff alarm abs imobiliser side steps bullbar tow pack locking spare wheel on tailgate em esr, long tax & mot just had full service & cam belt new starter motor new exhaust, disc all round, alloys, lovely condition in light met blue, now here's the bad news needs new head gasket, she starts & drives fine but she will use water, I have bought another vehicle now, so I need the room, she is a great looking vehicle with fine body & interior, the chassis on these are like a tank & is superb, looking for £750 as she cost me £2995 year ago & I have spent £1300 on her.

Can email pics.

Launceston Cornwall

how many miles to the gallon mate? and how much roughly would it cost to have a new head gasket fitted?

cheers tony

I am a Mechanic by trade & this is not an easy job as this is the 16v engine, as a guess you would not get change from £300, a good days work involved, as for mpg they are quite a heavy vehicle & road use I would get 23 mpg on motorway upto 29 mpg. but don't be put off she is a superb vehicle & with a little work will make a fantastic utility 4x4. I now work as a humane dispatcher (knackerman) & she will go any where, it is the only 4x4 I know that you can change into 4 wheel under 60mph at the flick of a switch, has free wheel as well.

Glynn.

how many miles to the gallon mate? and how much roughly would it cost to have a new head gasket fitted?

cheers tony

I am a Mechanic by trade & this is not an easy job as this is the 16v engine, as a guess you would not get change from £300, a good days work involved, as for mpg they are quite a heavy vehicle & road use I would get 23 mpg on motorway upto 29 mpg. but don't be put off she is a superb vehicle & with a little work will make a fantastic utility 4x4. I now work as a humane dispatcher (knackerman) & she will go any where, it is the only 4x4 I know that you can change into 4 wheel under 60mph at the flick of a switch, has free wheel as well.

Glynn.

She is now listed on ebay, looks like someone will get a bargain.