oxford of gamekeeping?

im starting at moulton college northampton in september to do a BTEC national in countryside management and conservation did my interview back in october looks like a really great college with a strong agricultural and rural background dont know about the best in britain but its definitely worth looking at

I went to Newton Rigg when it was still part of UCLAN, it was very good indeed, superb facilities, and good lecturers. Malcolm Riding can't half shoot a rifle! I don't know how much it's changed since I left, but it's certainly worth considering. Has the lake been built yet? They were planning it when I left, down the bottom of the clay ground.

James

Guest Rod&dog

Ive been to both Hartpury in Gloucester and Sparsholt in hampshire,,But overall i would say Sparsholt is the best of the best and you should deffenetly look into a course there if your serious about the gamekeeping career. Alough ive heard the ones up north like newton rigg are also very good. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I got offered a placement at Newton rigg but it was a conditional which I had to get 4 level c's which was impossible for me so I went to galashiels as he offered me a placement straight after the interview and I didn't need grades plus you spend three weeks with a gamekeeper after three weeks at the college

doh :doh::doh:

• 2 weeks later...
I got offered a placement at Newton rigg but it was a conditional which I had to get 4 level c's which was impossible for me so I went to galashiels as he offered me a placement straight after the interview and I didn't need grades plus you spend three weeks with a gamekeeper after three weeks at the college

doh :doh::doh:

instead of w@.,ing at nights you should o been studying :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Also with sparsholt being so well spoke of and a big name in the industry i would of thought it looks good to have it written down youve been there on your CV.

sparsholt is indoor chicken farming go to north highland college at thurso top o scotland. they get you a place on an estate and your on the job most o the time with a bit of class room stuff for the bits of paper. its the best in the country no doubt.

Also with sparsholt being so well spoke of and a big name in the industry i would of thought it looks good to have it written down youve been there on your CV.

sparsholt is indoor chicken farming go to north highland college at thurso top o scotland. they get you a place on an estate and your on the job most o the time with a bit of class room stuff for the bits of paper. its the best in the country no doubt.

i thought thurso was mainly grouse,

because i figured i would learn how to do phesant and partridge first because ive been told by keepers that its easyer to go from that to grouse rather than visee versa