ARGUMENT WITH A MATE.

Guest Frank

Guest Frank

A mate rang me up today, to ask how my kits were getting on. We got talking about what we feed our ferrets and he said his ferrets never lie up, as he feeds them cooked meat and cat food and he reckoned that if they killed, they just move on and dont feed on the rabbit.

I explained that i feed mine whole carcasses and if no fresh meat, cat food. He was horrified that i feed them raw meat and crows, pigeons, magpies, rabbits, ect. He said that they will turn savage and lust for the kill and lay up. :rolleyes:

I explained that i would feed them before i went out and that should stop them eating what they killed, but he did not listen.

What do you all think?

My young ferrets seem to be doing great on the fresh birds, rabbits i feed them, i have done this in the past, as i think its better for them. I only use cat food when i dont have fresh carcases.

Frank.

Guest Frank
he is full of shit

Thought that too. :yes:

He does talk a lot aswell, seems to be a bit of an expert on everything :rolleyes: .

How does it go, that Harry Enfeild line, ' you dont wonna do it like that, you wona do it like this' :11:

Frank.

Guest eddie willo
A mate rang me up today, to ask how my kits were getting on. We got talking about what we feed our ferrets and he said his ferrets never lie up, as he feeds them cooked meat and cat food and he reckoned that if they killed, they just move on and dont feed on the rabbit.

I explained that i feed mine whole carcasses and if no fresh meat, cat food. He was horrified that i feed them raw meat and crows, pigeons, magpies, rabbits, ect. He said that they will turn savage and lust for the kill and lay up. :rolleyes:

I explained that i would feed them before i went out and that should stop them eating what they killed, but he did not listen.

What do you all think?

My young ferrets seem to be doing great on the fresh birds, rabbits i feed them, i have done this in the past, as i think its better for them. I only use cat food when i dont have fresh carcases.

Frank.

ya mate is full of bollox i feed mine rabbit pidgions and raw meat as long as i feed my ferrets before i take them out they dont lie up yourmate sounds like he has not got a clue

:) eddie :)

Guest Frank

Cheers eddie. I still cant belive their is folks out their that live around old wife tales, as my so called mate is doing. He also mentioned that ferrets should have a regular bath. :blink::no::laugh:

Frank

Edited by Frank

Good luck to him trying to bath his ferrets, it's hard enough trying to clip their nails!!!

Seriously though I don't agreeing with bathing any animal too often, I think it removes all the natural oils in the coat that keep it silky and self cleaning. I have 3 dogs that are all well fed and given an extra drop of cod liver oil now and again. The dirt falls off of all of them as soon as it dries and two of them are white, people have often remarked how clean they are and I have never bathed any of them.

The motto is "look after the inside and the outside will look after itself"

Guest Bigbob

Ferrets have being breed for hundreds of years to hunt rabbits ,what differnce is what you feed them going to make ??? What about the guys that feed dry grub all the time there ferrets still hunt up and kill rabbits .Your mate sounds like a bullshitter

Guest Frank
Ferrets have being breed for hundreds of years to hunt rabbits ,what differnce is what you feed them going to make ??? What about the guys that feed dry grub all the time there ferrets still hunt up and kill rabbits .Your mate sounds like a bullshitter

Very true. :good: told him all that and he chalanged me to a ferreting match in the season, i said no, as i want to give my young ferrets a season to get use to ferreting, but next season, we shall see. ;)

Frank.

Guest wickidweasel

The albino enjoys rolling in shit the other one needed his balls cleaned because he had a vasectomy and got them covered in shit :good: other than that i dont bath them

Brilliant pics :laugh::laugh:

MOLL.

Cheers Moll thats about my limit with a camera :)