smokers kill a lot of rats underground but ive still bolted hundreds of rats with smokers.i prefer strimmers to chainsaws.

just weld an inch pipe onto the exhaust box and cut the plastic housing so it fits back together.use radiator hose for the flexi pipe as it can take the heat.

if you want pics putting up let me know.

i agree with what you say but sometimes you cant dig.if ive got rats in stone building walls,or in dodgy places i aint sending in a ferret so i get the smoker out.

id much rather dig them out as even rats that do bolt from a smoker are usually much slower(who can blame them........) but the smoker gives me an option in certain places.farmers dont care if the dog gets them or they get gassed so at the very least its pest control.

yes mate i use mine,though the rats are very scarce this year on my permission.

in the past ive seen nothing on the fields so will lamp the rats with the lurcher in the farm buildings before going home.

if i ever make another dvd ill get some footage of the pointer crosses ratting for sure.

yeah i use my lurcher thats why i asked. she does ok but doesnt like getting bit so she rips them to pieces. she really hates the little buggers. does anyone do ratting through the summer im try to but most places are getting a bit over grown.

the cows and sheep do tend to take more notice of the lurchers than the terriers. :good: