hi lads what is the deepest digs you have had the pleasure of been on ?mine was 9/10 foot to some of you lads this will be nothing and almost laughable ,i look forward to seeing some of yours and hopefully they were happy endings in my case it wasn't .i'l try dig the pics off my camera if the wife dint delete them ha all the best PTP.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

four of us dug 15 ft.it took us all night to a sealyham dog.when we got to him he was baying at some bedding.my mate gave him away to an old lady for a pet :wallbash:

no way mate thats bad news bet you laugh bout it in the pub now dont ya ha bet the poor lad could of died that night when you broke thru i think id have backfilled myself in with the embarrassment lol

four of us dug 15 ft.it took us all night to a sealyham dog.when we got to him he was baying at some bedding.my mate gave him away to an old lady for a pet :wallbash:

no way mate thats bad news bet you laugh bout it in the pub now dont ya ha bet the poor lad could of died that night when you broke thru i think id have backfilled myself in with the embarrassment lol

it was about 6 oclock in the morning when we got in i was f****d.wish i had a photo.we wanted to throw him and his dog in the hole.made him buy the drinks that night.his last words when he dropped us off were dont tell anyone lads.but guess what?

it was about 6 oclock in the morning when we got in i was f****d.wish i had a photo.we wanted to throw him and his dog in the hole.made him buy the drinks that night.his last words when he dropped us off were dont tell anyone lads.but guess what?

how can you not tell everyman you know who is into their terriers that story ha il be honest i did same couple of weeks ao 0.4 on b and f in a drain broke through dog pushing on under a slab lifted slab it was a dead end so i kinda know how he feels lol

did you have an audience.years ago my mates lurcher was marking a drain.twice i put a lakeland bitch in and twice she came out.we tried my mates nuttal and it bolted a fox in about 30 seconds.i wished the ground would swallow me up.they had my life or weeks.they kept buying me candles for the dog.how it did nt know it was thereill never know..i would nt care it had been dug to 7 or 8 times.so it knew what they were.

24ft!!!!!!! But in two 12 ft holes a week last sunday. My black dog got stuck in so me fir tree roots at the bottom of a moss banking on the River Bann, I actually had hold of his legs but every time I tried to ease him out he just took hold of the fox. We even sent for a chainsaw but it was to dangerous to use near him, so we had to drop another hole about 3 ft to the left and get the fox out first and then pull the dog out from the front. He was on his side and the fox gave him a terrible time. I had to carry him back from the dig, we did not get him out until 7.00ish and it was pitch black. He was pissing blood and his muzzle was just a bloody mess. I did not think he was going to make it, but with a lot of t.l.c and even more Synulux he is now ok. I am not going to dig to him again, he is just self destructive and I hate to see my dogs in such a state, just takes the enjoyment out of hunting for me. So at the grand old age of 3, Blaze can look forward to a long and happy retirement!!! he is now milking being a house dog. The hole is yet to be back filled but when I do I will get pictures up.

All the best.

3 year old and retired mate must be a lunatic some of the dogs iv had were the same they are too aggressive but you cant take it away from them takes some balls to do their job i reckon id be a jacker lol

did you have an audience.years ago my mates lurcher was marking a drain.twice i put a lakeland bitch in and twice she came out.we tried my mates nuttal and it bolted a fox in about 30 seconds.i wished the ground would swallow me up.they had my life or weeks.they kept buying me candles for the dog.how it did nt know it was thereill never know..i would nt care it had been dug to 7 or 8 times.so it knew what they were.

ye mate a friend and someone id just met it happened a few weeks ago i made every excuse i could sayin maybe there was a rat there allsorts it dint wash and like you say i dug to the bitch a few times and bolted plenty it was a strange scenario but iv seen her dop well in spots other dogs have struggled thats the only reason she has place in my yard for the time being anyway.

i took a lad out week or so ago now banged his dog in on after 10 15 mins nice steady mark 5 and half foot, i thought lovely not too shallow (i like a good dig) first foot like scarborough beach i thought get on lad then bang tree roots clay you name it i hit it it anyway 2.5 hours later i was 6 inch off sweating like a pig as i did all the work as the other lads are useles then i turned for the roundmouth and the kid said dogs ere i said you are joking he said no he comes out for air he is very clever i said put him on lead wered off he said il bang him back in i said you think im digging 5 and half foot again you no chance .i thought you had dug him before he said i have but he comes out all time for a drink and air ,i laugh now but at the time that dog was lucky he owned it.