Appropriate seasons

Hi guys, im new to hunting and am trying to piece together all the legal stuff before i start. I live just a 15 minute walk from some farms im hoping to get permissions from but i also live on a council estate full of idiot chavs and its only a matter of time before i get pulled by the police on my way to or from shooting, so im trying to get as 'air-tight' as possible so i can safely go about hunting without a hitch/police trying to arrest me and take my gun just to meet whatever targets they've been set. I read on here someone slating a guy who was on about shooting a woodcock out of season but, i remember eating some woodcock that my mums boyfriend shot (legally, i assume??) and im wondering, when is woodcock season? Do different animals have their own legally allowed season? Id hate to go through all the effort of finding myself some legit land to shoot on, only to be breaking the law cos' of the time of year.

Any advice that will help me avoid scrapes with the law will, no doubt, save my bacon :whistling: and ill be very grateful, cheers.