bird snares NEWBIE question(s)

I am always looking for different ways to trap feral pigeons around here for dog training. I was told that a person could tie a bunch of snare to a weighted metal grate, through down some feed and then there would be a bunch of pigeons caught in them.

Problem is I have no clue how to tie/make the snares. How do you make a snare that will catch a bird? I know they use a similar method for catching birds of prey for falconry. So I am looking for some direction here (get to admit my ignorance). What do you tie the snares with (material) and how do you tie them?

Thanks

Scott

Guest Ditch_Shitter

VERY Dodgy subject, mate. But, seeing as how ye in USA and stuff like this is legal over there? My advice is try asking eBay for a " Hawk Trap / Snare ". I forget exactly what your guys call these things now. But they get on there all the time. It's basicly just a whole mess of nooses made out of fishing line and attatched to some form of base.

Saying that; There's certainly more effective and Humane ways of dealing with Road Hackers. Disgusting as they are, they deserve a decent end.