Which Air rifle

Guest jass

At the moment im shooting a tuned Weihrauch 97k which is the best springer ive owned.

I am thinking of applying for a firearms ticket and buying a 30lb+ precharged.

My question for those in the know, is it possible to buy a precharge that i can manualy turn back down to sub 12lb for when i give the rats a good hammering.

:signthankspin:

Guest baldie
If you want a pre-charged rifle that can go on ticket, have adjustable power and be ace for ratting look for a Ripley Predator.

It's the best fun you can have with an air rifle.

It also fell foul of the last lot of restrictions Chris, regarding loading methods. I do recall having a go with one though :whistle: 25 shots [i think] as fast as you could work the slide, at 60 ft/lbs, i hammered a knock down rat into the tree with it, a devastating weapon.

Ill have to sell the 97 to pay for the new gun and cabnet. wish I could keep it, its never once let me down once i got used to the muzzle weight. although if i come across a cheep hw 80 id keep it with the iron sights for ratting and garden practice.

I don't shoot air rifles and over here we have no restrictions that I know of and I have been looking at the air rifle sales site and see an Airforce Condor rifle that is adjustable power. What all is envolved with these precharged models, do you have to have a SCBA tank to refill, which being a vol. fireman I have access to these, how many shoots do you get to a tank and are the hookups expensive or should you go with the pump, also everything I read over here is in fps not ft/lbs, what is the conversion formula, would like to be on the same page to understand, and are these models loud, was thinking of something to start the grandkids off with, cann't get them to keep their ear muffs on and don't want them almost deaf like me when they get older, thanks for your help. Seems alot has changed since my air rifle days when the best you could get was the pump forarm models.--EWOK

most of the modern rifles now arnt that loud and most can be fitted with a silencer wich decreases the sound dramaticaly. you can either charge them up via a scuba tank or a pump. some say the pumps are too hard but i find them ok but then again im quite young so should! just use the breathing air not oxygen or other gasses if using a bottle. i cant remember the equation to convert ft/lbs to fps but its on the web somewere and no doubt someone will post it up.

Guest Matt.
At the moment im shooting a tuned Weihrauch 97k which is the best springer ive owned.

I am thinking of applying for a firearms ticket and buying a 30lb+ precharged.

My question for those in the know, is it possible to buy a precharge that i can manualy turn back down to sub 12lb for when i give the rats a good hammering.

:signthankspin:

One that i know you can definately change the power on is a FAC 707 Career... It has a switch to change power..

can go from 12 to about 80..

And it comes in .25 Cal, even better for the rats.

most of the modern rifles now arnt that loud and most can be fitted with a silencer wich decreases the sound dramaticaly. you can either charge them up via a scuba tank or a pump. some say the pumps are too hard but i find them ok but then again im quite young so should! just use the breathing air not oxygen or other gasses if using a bottle. i cant remember the equation to convert ft/lbs to fps but its on the web somewere and no doubt someone will post it up.

Some FAC air rifles, unsilenced can go of like a rimmy...

I don't shoot air rifles and over here we have no restrictions that I know of and I have been looking at the air rifle sales site and see an Airforce Condor rifle that is adjustable power. What all is envolved with these precharged models, do you have to have a SCBA tank to refill, which being a vol. fireman I have access to these, how many shoots do you get to a tank and are the hookups expensive or should you go with the pump, also everything I read over here is in fps not ft/lbs, what is the conversion formula, would like to be on the same page to understand, and are these models loud, was thinking of something to start the grandkids off with, cann't get them to keep their ear muffs on and don't want them almost deaf like me when they get older, thanks for your help. Seems alot has changed since my air rifle days when the best you could get was the pump forarm models.--EWOK

The Condor isn't a bad gun, but the FX Cyclone is a top notch PCP. I've got one and it is excellent. I use a pump although if you do a lot of shooting I'd get a carbon fiber tank instead of scuba. The can hold more psi and you get many more fills.

Ft/lbs versus fps is power vs. speed. Too many fps and the pellet will tumble resulting in innacuracy. Should stay under the speed of sound (about 1100 fps I believe).

Check out the below and ask some questions about guns in the US.

http://www.straightshooters.com/

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

The Condor isn't a bad gun, but the FX Cyclone is a top notch PCP. I've got one and it is excellent. I use a pump although if you do a lot of shooting I'd get a carbon fiber tank instead of scuba. The can hold more psi and you get many more fills.

Ft/lbs versus fps is power vs. speed. Too many fps and the pellet will tumble resulting in innacuracy. Should stay under the speed of sound (about 1100 fps I believe).

Check out the below and ask some questions about guns in the US.

http://www.straightshooters.com/

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

Thanks F.R.