• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CharlieC

All pros, no cons, seriously, they are shit hot mate :good::good:

heres where i got mine :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4366475780&rd=1

great seller, delivers very fast, collar works within hours, very effective and they can be fastened very loosely and still be effective compared to an anti bark collar like canicalm that relies on the prongs being in close contact with the skin to pick up the vocal chord vibrations.

I have never used them for training dogs though, so I cant comment, other than they are ace for stopping barkers, but Ive spoken to people who have used them for stuff like chasing sheep, cyclists, jumping up and aggression towards other dogs and all reports have been good :good:

Guest CharlieC

feck me Lamper, what dodgy sites u been looking at lol lol :icon_eek:

Im not showing that link to the OH, he will want to buy one of them leather muzzle things for me to shut me up he says Im always nagging him :haha::lol::lol: I say well Im a wumman thats me job :lol::rocker::lol:

mate of mine used one his dog had a bit of a liking for mutton.worked for him when i had a walk out with him it was frightened to even look at a wooly one.my brother has just bought one for his lab, he is at his wits end with it running to every dog it sees. so will see if it works there.as a last resort it seems a good idea

Guest CharlieC

as a word of warning, Ive found these collars are really effective and you dont need to use much more than level 5 (think they have about 8 levels in total) if you start off on the lowest level, it gives them a wee tickle and if they keep barking you progress to the next level, by about level 4 or 5 they will realise its better not to bark :D

These collars are entirely reliant on the handler's ability to be fair and only issue punishment when its necessary and the punishment also has to be timed so that its instant otherwise it will just confuse the dog.

Im not a fan of using them for general training purposes, but I think for bark prevention and maybe last resort training for sheep chasers etc, they are really worthwhile :good:

gotta agree with cc .they are a last resort and good training is no substitute.on the sheep worrier it was that or the bullet.he also agreed with the highest level being quite severe.he used it on the highest level just as it got up to the sheep and it really scared the sh*t out of the dog.it never looked at a sheep again but he says dont use on a nervous type of dog on full power.it might be the last you see of it as it hightails into the distance