• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my boy with a pheasant killer

Posted Images

so come then genuine border terrier workers, who keep them and who genuienly works them and for how long?
Ive owned and worked Borders for 25yrs,mine have been used for earthwork mainly.but worked on top togeather they hunt like a pack of hounds.I got my first ones off Jeff Fenaroli(R.I.P Mate)out of the Garw line,all turned out to be grafters,if shown a lot of dead stuff and had plenty of outings to watch the job early on,they do enter early,its the old saying ,you only get back what you put in.

we have a old dog out of jeff fenaroli's lines here now andy getting on though retired took a while to start but stuck like glue when he did threw some decent pups as well wh2

so come then genuine border terrier workers, who keep them and who genuienly works them and for how long?
Ive owned and worked Borders for 25yrs,mine have been used for earthwork mainly.but worked on top togeather they hunt like a pack of hounds.I got my first ones off Jeff Fenaroli(R.I.P Mate)out of the Garw line,all turned out to be grafters,if shown a lot of dead stuff and had plenty of outings to watch the job early on,they do enter early,its the old saying ,you only get back what you put in.

we have a old dog out of jeff fenaroli's lines here now andy getting on though retired took a while to start but stuck like glue when he did threw some decent pups as well wh2

any more of his pups around as im looking for a blue and tan dog to replace the one i had put to sleep in December last year he was 14yr old with no chin and very few teeth he was out of jeffs dog Thor,

He was the hardest Border i have ever owned he spent more time in A+E than out grafting,1 dig 1 month off,the good thing about him was, you only had to dig one hole,

Edited by andyratman

good pics, they dont need to be hard, ive found some borders are too hard, and have a short working life, im not sure why they are like this, game i suppose, i do like em, bin a bit lucky, i suspect it may go back years of breeding, bit like fighting men, if you dont get your opponent he,ll get you, bred to to the job, what do you reckon?

good pics, they dont need to be hard, ive found some borders are too hard, and have a short working life, im not sure why they are like this, game i suppose, i do like em, bin a bit lucky, i suspect it may go back years of breeding, bit like fighting men, if you dont get your opponent he,ll get you, bred to to the job, what do you reckon?
I reckon if you breed your dogs you should only breed from worker to worker to keep that working gene pool, too many people breed from just about anything just to cash in because they are fashionable,its not about K,C Reg.its about the working line ,in short the dogs thenselves,There is no point when out hunting to have terriers that look smart and have a good show pedigree but have little or no hunting instinct or ability,backing my arguement to breed only from working stock,Ihope you all agree.
I reckon if you breed your dogs you should only breed from worker to worker to keep that working gene pool, too many people breed from just about anything just to cash in because they are fashionable,its not about K,C Reg.its about the working line ,in short the dogs thenselves,There is no point when out hunting to have terriers that look smart and have a good show pedigree but have little or no hunting instinct or ability,backing my arguement to breed only from working stock,Ihope you all agree.

well said mate worker to worker is how it should be :victory:

Ive got four Border terriers, all rescues, ages 4-8years, wanted to do a bit Terrier Racing with them, asked what they used as a lure, was told a plastic bag. Not one of them Blinked an eye. Shook a Fox's Brush at them, and it was gone out of my hand, and shredded in 10 seconds. Basic instinct!!

Power to the Pack

(laughed my bloody head off)