any advise on building a double ferrit hutch

Hi i am looking to build a double ferrit hutch and was wondering if any one has any picture of there own so i can decide what to build mine like.My mate has just lined his jill so im getting a couple when there born so need to get on with building Cheers.

If you get chance mate, give the inside a couple of coats of quick drying varnish before the ferts come. Also a bit of concrete sealant in their run if poss. It makes things easier in the long term. Good luck. Cheers, D.

I Just made mine 4ft high, 4ft long and 2ft deep. 2 floors and a ladder for them.

If i was you ide give them litter trays, they'll soon get used to using them saves a lot of work cleaning out. and put vinly on the floors.

Put one up stairs one down and one outside(make sure you put a roof over it though or rain will mak a mess of cat litter or whatever you use. Also but a bit of beading down to hold them in place.

If you have the room, make a run 6ft long and 4ft wide, plenty of room for them to play then.

Ill stick some pick of mine up later, although the run is a little worse for ware, going to make a ned one this summer.

ATB Paddy

Hi i am looking to build a double ferrit hutch and was wondering if any one has any picture of there own so i can decide what to build mine like.My mate has just lined his jill so im getting a couple when there born so need to get on with building Cheers.
i sugget marine ply wood 10 mm, my ferret hutch is 3 year old and hasnt caused no problems.

atb J.A

Take your time draw a plan of basic H/W/L , don't try building it in 'kit form' i.e sawing all the wood then try to assemble it because you'll always find that you've made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Here's one I finished last week just got a pregnant jill in at the moment on the bottom level.

Take your time draw a plan of basic H/W/L , don't try building it in 'kit form' i.e sawing all the wood then try to assemble it because you'll always find that you've made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Here's one I finished last week just got a pregnant jill in at the moment on the bottom level.

That looks spot on mate cheers everyone for the input it's much appreciated.

that looks spot on, im looking for one just like it