Guest chilli

I know of people in this country who have done boar with there dogs , No probs atall but they aint the big fuckers you get these were around the 100ib mark .

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

Took this one coming back from Bishop baths via Eldon one afternoon ;)

me.jpg

WELL STABS ,

I WONDERED WHAT THE SWIM TRUNKS WERE FOR :blink:

FUNNILY ENOUGH .............................. IVE HAD A FEW PIGS WITH LIPSTICK WHEN ON THE CIDER FROM ELDON MYSELF :icon_redface::D

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: We must have gone out with the same lasses Ducky :laugh::laugh:

Id be very careful they are not classified by DEFRA so your fire arm cert wont show em as they are not vermin you could potentialy be in very big s**t if you get cought shooting them!

Be careful chaps! :ph34r:

Ive seen that BM! I can guarentee some twats will; smash there dogs up!, most probably some type of bull cross!!! If anyone in this country wants to take boar then they need to take advice from lads who regularily use dogs to pigs in there own country! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Well that will be the europeans then.....as the ones in Australia and Newzealand are feral pigs.As chilli says there are lads that have taken feral pig in this country with dogs(not neccasarily Bullxs though this breed seems to upset you)and they are not getting smashed up mullered or anything else.I can guarantee more dogs will be pulverised by motor cars this year than by wild/feral boar/pigs.

Id be very careful they are not classified by DEFRA so your fire arm cert wont show em as they are not vermin you could potentialy be in very big s**t if you get cought shooting them!

Be careful chaps! :ph34r:

The min- calibre for boar in England is .270.If a .270 is already owned then a variation has to be obtained to allow the owner to shoot boar as well as deer .This variation is only granted if you can prove you have a need to ,or a place to go to shoot boar .The police will not except the fact that you will buy a day in the future or hope to get permission soon .

Guest sushie

I havent got a problem with bull xs ,but in my opinion some young and mad lads will use them against any quarry because the bullxs have got so much heart! This in my opinion will get alot of dogs hurt?

nuffing wrong with dogs with a bit of heart sushie :good: it's the brains that go with the muscle that makes a good pigdog. a bit of working dog added to a bull x will serve ya well. kane the pigs over here have almost if not already breed back to the european boar, and only require time and feed to gain the size of it's european cousin. the hunting pressure keeps the population at a certain age bracket but plenty of good boars are caught most weekends. the bull x will be alot better than running straight bulls, how ever the amount of greyhound would have a bearing on how they would contain a pig, greyhound x's tend to be a bit shy on the tough stuff and love ripping the arse out of pigs, no good if ya plan on eating [bANNED TEXT] ya catch.

• Like 1

If the average sized Pig in the UK is 100-200lbs, i dont see why a pair of 60lbs Bull hybrids, or any type with a little grit, would have any problem holding them?..

Ive seen a 24lb Staff hold a 120lb feral pig, the first it ever seen...no problems.

Kye,..

ya need to know ya pigs to say that sort of thing kye. i had a 20lb foxy that would hold a pig as well but a 120 pound boar is still gonna kill ya staffie sooner or later, a smaller fast boar is gonna hurt even the hardest dog if it's been dogged before and has a few inches of ivory sticking out to cause harm. or was it a sow that the staff was holding. 2oolb of fired up pork is not something to be taken lighty and they don't get to that size unless they are wise to dogs around these parts. all pigs/boars are different and are alot smarter than dogs. :good:

True Kiwi. My mates in Qld reckon it's often the pigs around 70-80kg that do more damage rather than the bigger ones.

This one we caught out in the Blue Mountains and as you can see it ain't big at all but it really had some impressive ivory!

ELI-1.jpg

So much so that the bottom jaw came with us. None of us had seen tusks like these ones, they were like spear heads!

This was a squirmy bugger too and tried to give the dogs a flogging once he realised he couldn't outrun the dogs, but he had no hope

oats.jpg

Im sure it was a sow Kiwi,...it had defo seen a dogs though!...

Im in no way exsperianced in hunting them,...just going buy what i seen...that little dog done well that day, and im sure he will get a chance to prove himself again...a very good mate down in OK knows a few guys getting into them...plus i have a mate that knows some guys in Texas, so the opertunity should be there!... :good:

Kye,..

PS...i would also say that the majority of pigs in the UK havent been dogged, i would guess?

Ive seen that BM! I can guarentee some twats will; smash there dogs up!, most probably some type of bull cross!!! If anyone in this country wants to take boar then they need to take advice from lads who regularily use dogs to pigs in there own country! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

Feral Pig........Wild Boar........ very different

I would advice against a bunch of young numpty spunkers running around with un-entered bull-x's and running boar. See a few dogs get knocked about just on the local boar farm.

If ye know what ye doing fair enough, but some pumped up wee scally giving it a go with his well ard bull cur, is really stupid IMO

Call me stupid but if there is only 100 why not let them breed to get there numbers up... more sport more fun... :good:

shit a hundred will increase ten fold within a year or so. :good: yeah stabs those mountain pigs grow some good tucks and take some stopping at times. the comment about wild pigs and wild boar is not vey different in my opinion, reload. ;)

I don't know how you do it, I mean my bull is close to 32kgs (70lbs) but I still couldn't bring myself to putting her in a dangerous situation like that, she's put herself in trouble before (bowling over a Leonberger!!!). Just coz the dogs got the balls to do it doesn't mean you should always let em! Which is going to be the trouble in the future bull X being ripped up or trampled.

I don't know how you do it, I mean my bull is close to 32kgs (70lbs) but I still couldn't bring myself to putting her in a dangerous situation like that, she's put herself in trouble before (bowling over a Leonberger!!!). Just coz the dogs got the balls to do it doesn't mean you should always let em! Which is going to be the trouble in the future bull X being ripped up or trampled.

Hunting with dogs, whether its lamping, earthwork or hunting pigs all carry some risk :yes: I would think the only danger your bullmastiff would be in from bowling over a leonberger would be collision injury from such a large useless lump :tongue2: