Well It's offical!!! DEFRA have finally admitted that wild Boar are breeding in England! Shooting Times has done an artical on it, Kent and East sussex have the the largest sounders (social groups), up to 100 are thought to be roaming around the area of Berkley! with large groups in Dorset, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Devon and now even Somerset!!! One guys been studying them since 1983! this is his site -www.britishwildboar.org.uk Anyone know the Law about hunting them? What sort of calibre should we be looking at? would a .243 stop a pig???

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopping and holding boars is not a matter of size or weight in dogs, it's a function of heart and technique. We use dogs down to 25kgs and they'll swing off whatever boar sticks its head up. There ar

there are two sets of pics, aren't there; shane's action pics are from NZ (southern cross is red not white) and not sure where Bull's haul of game were taken.....(not that we need exact location)?  

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

Guest sushie

My dads mate uses a parkerhale .270 cal to shoot boar in europe! Dont no the calibre you could use in the uk? Also if anyone with the right firearms certificate wants to buy this rifle it is on sale for £120 in average condition.

At the moment theirs no law stating the minimum calibre to be used, (apparently some people have been having a go with small bore rifles, crossbows and bow and arrows!!!) but as long as accurate bullet placement can be assured then surely most rifles used for sika/red deer should be man enough for the job? What's the Law for using dogs? are we going to see the aussie/kiwi style of hunting pigs start picking up? coz I'd like see that happening! Boar hunting but without the flight costs!!!

Guest sushie

Ive seen that BM! I can guarentee some twats will; smash there dogs up!, most probably some type of bull cross!!! If anyone in this country wants to take boar then they need to take advice from lads who regularily use dogs to pigs in there own country! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Took this one coming back from Bishop baths via Eldon one afternoon ;)

me.jpg

WELL STABS ,

I WONDERED WHAT THE SWIM TRUNKS WERE FOR :blink:

FUNNILY ENOUGH .............................. IVE HAD A FEW PIGS WITH LIPSTICK WHEN ON THE CIDER FROM ELDON MYSELF :icon_redface::D

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

found this site through monteria boarhunting site. www.dogoscazador.com and click on hunting photos theres a wounded dog section.and these are dogos getting ripped,how many hunters carry that sort of first aid kit too.makes you think about setting your dogs on boar doesnt it. :cry:

site wont work :(

found this site through monteria boarhunting site. www.dogoscazador.com and click on hunting photos theres a wounded dog section.and these are dogos getting ripped,how many hunters carry that sort of first aid kit too.makes you think about setting your dogs on boar doesnt it. :cry:

site wont work :(

sorry edited it had it wrong try that now. :D:good:
Ive seen that BM! I can guarentee some twats will; smash there dogs up!, most probably some type of bull cross!!! If anyone in this country wants to take boar then they need to take advice from lads who regularily use dogs to pigs in there own country! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

LOL get a grip theres a few lads that have been taking feral pigs with their dogs for a little while now,and there not getting smashed to pieces either.

• Like 1
Guest reload

Feral Pig........Wild Boar........ very different

I would advice against a bunch of young numpty spunkers running around with un-entered bull-x's and running boar. See a few dogs get knocked about just on the local boar farm.

If ye know what ye doing fair enough, but some pumped up wee scally giving it a go with his well ard bull cur, is really stupid IMO