1 eyed ferret

Picture016.jpg

Heres the photo of my silver buck that got kicked in the eye a while back,this photo was taken the same day it happened,glad to say he is now in great form and hunting very well since then,I cant wait to start him again next season and give those conies a seeing to.

Ginge hes a real good working ferret,I wouldnt discard him unless he turned out a dissapointment.If they dont work they dont stay,i've had right good days with this lad,many good days and that doesnt have to mean dozens of rabbits caught either,just the effort he puts in and he rarely backs up a rabbit,he bolts 90% of his quarry.Out of three does serviced by this buck there is only 1 litter left,1st doe ate her litter,2cd doe is rearing 6 at the moment and last night I went to feed the 3rd doe and when I opened the nest box she was dead,I was sick to put it mildly,she was due to have young next Friday.I'm rightly cheesed off over loosing the pending litter,but loosing the doe was the killer.She was absolutely tops,she was as gentle as a lamb,even my kids played with her.If I hadn't bad luck I'd have no luck.

Paddy hows things,hope I didnt upset you the last time we corrosponded,twas just a ball hop im sure tou realised.Hes a shiny looking fella allright but hes a great bolting ferret.I was sickened with the bad luck I've had lately.Running it through in my head as to why my last doe might have died,she had plenty of fresh water,food, cleaned regurlarly,dont know what went wrong.One of those things I suppose.I still have 6 youngsters going strong,but I had to tell 2 blokes there were no kits for them,and a few more were enquiring about getting some also.I hope to have enough for myself this year.havnt bred for over 3 years and the adults are getting on a bit,Paddy I'll see ya at Adaire no doubt?

very unusual looking ferret you have there jigsaw sorry to hear about your jill its shite the way things go best of luck with the rest of the kits :good:

see ya Sunday Corkboye?ou still got my mobile no?