• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lamp,dog bye bye fox... go for it

Lamping/shooting vixens at this time of year LEAVES CUBS TO STARVE,what dont you understand about that????????????

I've had a word with my Dad about what you've said about the cubs getting left to starve and we're going to ask around a few people we know. See if we can get a known Terrier man in, I agree that its the more humane way (if you can call it that). I don't want to sound ungrateful for the PM's offering to come sort the problem but Farmer's can be a bit funny about people they don't know wandering around with Guns and Dogs especially during the lambing season. Thanks for the offers all the same.

A few farmer's in the valley have got box traps out now but no results as yet

I'm only a young hunter but i would definitely not be shooting at it with a shotgun as it might not kill it and you would be breaking the law if you let it get away badly injured.

I would recomend purchasing a fox trap(box trap) and capture the fox in it. Bait it up with a bit of meat or something.

Once you have caught it in the trap, put a thick leather glove on and grab it then break it's neck.

It may take you a good few days or weeks to catch it.

Regards,

Alex

im not sure if its me getting old if it is then i opologise but FFS there are getting more and more stupid posts on this site from (SOME) youngsters giving info out that they know Fxxx all what they are talking about .put a thick leather glove on and grab it then break it's neck. It may take you a good few days or weeks to break the foxes neck .

W.D

i agree, even though i am a 'youngun' this kind of advice is just stupidity, a shotgun is fine, and dont even try picking up the fox. And as one person said get someone with a rifle to do the job properly, dont risk dogs you could get into trouble

Edited by the infamous nun

Its perfectly legal to use terriers with written permission from the landowner,its not fair to kill the vixen when she is feeding cubs,and you would still have to kill the dog fox as well or he could carry on taking lambs to feed them,its a fair bet that if lambs are going missing these cubs are fairly well grown,the dog fox probably wouldnt abandon them at this stage.

As for the "im no expert,but" advice, if you dont have a clue why try and give advice :blink:

Its perfectly legal to use terriers with written permission from the landowner,its not fair to kill the vixen when she is feeding cubs,and you would still have to kill the dog fox as well or he could carry on taking lambs to feed them,its a fair bet that if lambs are going missing these cubs are fairly well grown,the dog fox probably wouldnt abandon them at this stage.

As for the "im no expert,but" advice, if you dont have a clue why try and give advice :blink:

"Stalking and flushing out

Up to 2 dogs may be used to stalk or flush out a wild mammal if:

the stalking or flushing out is carried out for one of the following purposes:

preventing or reducing serious damage which the wild mammal would otherwise cause to livestock; to birds or other property; or to the biological diversity of an area;

participation in a field trial in which dogs are assessed for their likely usefulness in connection with shooting;

the stalking or flushing out does not involve the use of a dog below ground (unless the requirements of the ‘gamekeepers’ exemption’ are complied with); and

reasonable steps must be taken to ensure that as soon as possible after being found or flushed out the wild mammal is shot dead by a competent person."

Bob G

What IS the legal view on using Terriers? Is there any way round the "Hunting with Dogs" ban?

i am from derbyshire and have got a decent terrier bitch that knows her job if you got someone to dispatch it with a rifle at the end of the dig your breakin no laws if get stuck pm me pal will be glad to help if need be my mate has got a rifle i will leave it up to you mate like i said if need someone you know where i am atb biza

This is just perfetic. I said i didn't know alot about it and i tryed to give a little advice, if it wasn't right, by all means tell me but there is no need to carry on ripping me for it. Don't you have anything betteer to do in your spare time then rip other members of the forum? Grow up!