• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What were they doing up there!?

All these experts bad mouthing glenns have obviously never seen one work,

Posted Images

glenn of imaal

can glenn of imaal terrier work on badger still now?

please show me video or picture for glenn of imaal work on badger .

thank you...

Id say they could if given the oportunity-its illegal to hunt badger in ireland and england.From what ive seen of them working-they dont seem to feel pain at all.The brother of my friends glen is in korea.They were bred for badgers.

==================================================

hi tinytiger

who is brother of my friends ? do they work on badger in korea now ?

could you let me know phone number or website or email of them ?

Sorry i dont know his name,He was bred by christy Hartnett (r.i.p) from, (feohanagh Tadhg x feohanagh sarah)..My friend has its brother-as far as i know all the rest of the litter were exported (1 to canada,one to u.s.a,1 to south korea).It would be very good for this breed if they became popular in a country where working them is legal.

I was told by many here in the States that Glenns could work bobcat and Florida panthers, I just cant see it, for one how many ever had the chance ?wheres the pictures? Hastings do you really believe that?

Stunt, I'm thinking that IF there are people working glenns today, they are a hard group to meet. I can understand that if they are still about they might not be the most willing to step out into the limelight as it sounds they were mostly used for drawing badgers a pretty rough and now illegal business. I would think that out were you are, a glenn could be used to enter on a coyote chased to ground and on North American badgers. So to the English lads that might know of some working glenns but don't want to admit to it here on the most public of forums, maybe a cautious PM could be sent so that the working lines could be continued here in the states. Tough business gaining trust and faith here on the internet.

stunt why do you feel they are not capable?is that because there's not that many workers in the u.s or just couldn't handle the cat?i don't believe it takes much to handle a cat, most will get off the ground just to get away.... never got after a florida panther but bobcats are a pushover,there only chance at life is flight. hell even my pet patts that don't hunt take care of business with them.

Hastings you left out ERIE :doh: From the sounds of it there might be a few left doing the work there. But you read my mind partially :laugh: The post was a joke but on the other hand it might be a nice dog to try here for those yotes in the ground and at the end of a dig with a badger here. I dont think they are going to ground here at their size on badger. A memeber on here informed me that they sometimes are around 50lbs. Thats to big to work a badger here. But I could have used one the other day as I had a perfect deal on a coyote for a Glenn.

Bob I have seen two dogs that have worked Bobs in the ground in pics. One was a 10lbs Den Terrier, Other was a Jag from Goran called "Lazer" both didnt look like your dogs after it was said and done.

A whip that rode for a hunt in N.J. that I was friendly with back a few years ago told me a story about a Foxhound he went to bring back to the hunt that had trashed. He rode up and the very pissed off BoB cat was laying on the ground with his front foot in a leg hold and the hound standing back 5ft baying it.... his entrails were laying below him on the ground. :blink: Again I have no personal experiance with Bobs above or below and the post about Bobs and panthers was a joke I made for Hastings.

:icon_redface: Ahhhh derrrr, now I feel stupid don't I? Of course I meant any of the fellas on that side of the Atlantic that keep working glenns . No harm meant to any or all. But getting a glenn here to work yotes that have been run to ground sounds a pretty good idea to me.

Why bother with a Glenn, when we already have APBT that are all they are, and more?

A cocky opinionated american, what a rare thing, were do you think all the game dogs apbt's were bred frow came frow?? Ireland and the uk mostly

Take care.

Why bother with a Glenn, when we already have APBT that are all they are, and more?

Take care.

Well spoken Main!.... oops i mean Doc! LOL Word on the street is that there has been some sharin of trouser trout between the two of ya... I dont believe it though. :doh:

• Like 1