• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What were they doing up there!?

All these experts bad mouthing glenns have obviously never seen one work,

Posted Images

I can imagine that if anyone out there has any working stuff of this sort they keep themselves to themselves.

The show Glen became popular in Holland for a very short time because they were Boomer- like and attractive to certain people. I sold one to the owners of an Irish pub but when he grew up he loved nothing better than fighting other dogs too. Other newbie owners got the same problems and not knowing about breaking sticks etc.... the rage was soon over.

I guess the Glen has a lot of Staff blood somewhere along the line.

I believe you could rebuild (or adapt) the Glen as a worker by crossing to other breeds, but why take the trouble if the other breeds are doing the job to satisfaction now.

Maybe the Glen could be used to put some "bull" influence in your line, they have a big head with big teeth and work silently. The best ones are truly steady to the extent of being imperturbable, untill brought up close before quarry, and they even have to learn first that that is supposed to be their sparring partner.

Don't ever think they will make a sound, not even growling, it was bred out of them and if they are not way too big to get in, you can never dig to them baying, they will still not bay from frustration because they cannot reach the quarry, but will go about it as still as a ghost. You will lose the voice of your offspring if you breed them to a good baying terrier, just as with the bull blood.

Of course I only had one and tested it as a "strong dog" and I couldn't tell you how many of them would be still able to do even that. Maybe mine was an exception.

But they have a bad inclination to fight with other dogs.

Which I believe you never want in a worker to ground quarry.

My granda fetched 2 glens over in the 1940s as he was irish himself from clonmel in sounthern irelnad he met my grandma and settled in northumbria,he found the dogs to big for alot of work over here but met up and became good freinds with mick givens and billy taylor who kept a border type terrier they were impressed with the glens and bred them with there border types to produce a type all 3 of them kept till the 70s they were extremly hard terriers i am told and regular finished fox and had a short life span on badger but were alwasys eager my granda always kept a pure glen for akward end of digs and i am told they always did well,they were near impossible to kennel with other dogs and terriers were always taken out the way when a glen was put in to finish the job as they were just as klikely to grab hold of a terrier as the quarry and were extremly volitle when there blood was up,he stopped digging in the early 80s but still had a glen that used to follow him everywhere on his daily trips to the allotment i can remember the last one he had a dog called seamus,the dog was never worked but as a young boy he scared the shit out of me lol he was a notorius cat muncher and wouldnt think twice of grabbing a dog passing by without warning which i saw the bloody thing do on 2 occasions when i was walking with my granda i can always remember the frigging noise he made when his blood was up he sounded like a bear not a dog,i would love one and have always wanted one but i think the old types are more or less gone and would most certainly not like one getting hold of my terriers :thumbs:

regards hedz

glenn of imaal

can glenn of imaal terrier work on badger still now?

please show me video or picture for glenn of imaal work on badger .

thank you...

:doh:

Seems a very strange request from a hunter on open forum :hmm:

There are some videos on the British Pathe website from the time it was legal but it has been illegal in the UK since 1981and we ALL follow that act to the letter :yes:

glenn of imaal

thank you...

Id say they could if given the oportunity-its illegal to hunt badger in ireland and england.From what ive seen of them working-they dont seem to feel pain at all.The brother of my friends glen is in korea.They were bred for badgers.

glenn of imaal

thank you...

Id say they could if given the oportunity-its illegal to hunt badger in ireland and england.From what ive seen of them working-they dont seem to feel pain at all.The brother of my friends glen is in korea.They were bred for badgers.

==================================================

hi tinytiger

who is brother of my friends ? do they work on badger in korea now ?

could you let me know phone number or website or email of them ?

glenn of imaal

thank you...

There are some videos on the British Pathe website from the time it was legal but it has been illegal in the UK since 1981and we ALL follow that act to the letter :yes:

===============================

hi

i saw some videos on the British Pathe website , i guess they are wheaten terrier , are they glenn of imaal terrier?

do you know kennel that work on badger in the world ?

what is difference of glenn of imaal and wheaten terrier?

glenn of imaal

thank you...

hi

i saw some videos on the British Pathe website , i guess they are wheaten terrier , are they glenn of imaal terrier?

Balls and working ability :thumbs:

glenn of imaal

thank you...

hi

Balls and working ability :thumbs:

the glen has plenty of balls dont worry about that mushroom