• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive a real soft spot for this fella, my little 18 month old house dog, he's not much bigger than some patterdales, 15"ats and barely 29lb, keeps himself in decent order, loves to run the hills , wreck

A couple I owned over the years,...... Pups off of TLs Shadow,..... The red dog, was one decent dog too

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Carlovian said:

Just putting the cat amongst the pigeons!null

In the old days some staffords were refered to as whippety, a bit like the dog on the left, that term must have come from somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that the staffords from a certain part of the black country were very small, light and fast.

While pit would be an ideal cross, In regard to some of the short faced, barrel like kc staffords whippets could add some hybrid vigour, longer legs and muzzles, while keeping the coat and the general shape.

00 Stafford Stafford types  14463242_1152077168190777_5970708451864796761_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 12/05/2018 at 08:17, liamdelaney said:

If you have to think twice about breeding from a dog(extreme aggression ??)with a bit of gameness in him you are in the wrong breed.

Lol was waiting for a comment like that. Did you not read that i said i was considering breeding from the dog with the gameness.I spoke with my friend all is a go with the"game dog" my dog due in season next month. My only reservation Was that i dont want my dog pts for killing somebody elses. I dont fight dogs you see.... 

Ill try to get a pic up of the dog in question if anybody interested in seeing him.

23 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Looks a cracker!

whippet ................... ?

The little racing dog and the little fighting dog have a long history but the type, as we know it, was fixed by the working class English in the 19th/early 20th century. Very different types of dog. Both performance bred. Lived and were bred side by side.Many physical similarities though. Same coat. Same colours. Same ear carriage. Both extremely easy to get fit compared to some breeds.

Obviously there is bull in the whippet but could it have gone both ways? In the days before game lines became "sacred".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

The little racing dog and the little fighting dog have a long history but the type, as we know it, was fixed by the working class English in the 19th/early 20th century. Very different types of dog. Both performance bred. Lived and were bred side by side.Many physical similarities though. Same coat. Same colours. Same ear carriage. Both extremely easy to get fit compared to some breeds.

Obviously there is bull in the whippet but could it have gone both ways? In the days before game lines became "sacred".

Couldn't agree more, before the show crowd took over, who knows what went into these dogs over the years, it would probably surprise a lot of people and was probably kept secret if it did the job to hand and more so if it didn't!

21 hours ago, Carlovian said:

originally SBTs ware bred to be game , fighters , doubt the three above ware much good if they could pose together ,, 

Not all game dogs want to kill everything in sight! Also think there was food involved in getting them to pose, look at the middle one licking it's lips!

• Like 1
Guest Navek
36 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Couldn't agree more, before the show crowd took over, who knows what went into these dogs over the years, it would probably surprise a lot of people and was probably kept secret if it did the job to hand and more so if it didn't!

Not all game dogs want to kill everything in sight! Also think there was food involved in getting them to pose, look at the middle one licking it's lips!

Food around two friendly dogs can end in tears never mind a game one .ive had a couple of staffs and once they have had that first taste of there own kind in there mouths there wasn’t anything that would stop them including food every time they bumped into each other .

Guest Navek
On 12/05/2018 at 22:24, robertb123 said:

Just putting the cat amongst the pigeons!null

In the old days some staffords were refered to as whippety, a bit like the dog on the left, that term must have come from somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that the staffords from a certain part of the black country were very small, light and fast.

While pit would be an ideal cross, In regard to some of the short faced, barrel like kc staffords whippets could add some hybrid vigour, longer legs and muzzles, while keeping the coat and the general shape.

00 Stafford Stafford types  14463242_1152077168190777_5970708451864796761_n.jpg

That thing on the right needs culling .lol I know looks aren’t everything but what a snipey little horrible whippet head lol 

14 minutes ago, Navek said:

That thing on the right needs culling .lol I know looks aren’t everything but what a snipey little horrible whippet head lol 

Your right, looks aren't everything, some might call AJ handsome and mike Tyson an ugly fecker, I know who i'd put my money on!

When I've had more than one dog, I've always fed em separately, better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 3