• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive a real soft spot for this fella, my little 18 month old house dog, he's not much bigger than some patterdales, 15"ats and barely 29lb, keeps himself in decent order, loves to run the hills , wreck

A couple I owned over the years,...... Pups off of TLs Shadow,..... The red dog, was one decent dog too

Posted Images

What happened to the type of staffies in the UB40 song Red Red Wine,only small but athletic like a small pit.I had one of that type about 30years ago, a black brindle,only about 11kg,killed hundreds of feral cats that were wrecking the greens at the golf course where I worked.Very few dogs in those days would get the better of her either.

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

What happened to the type of staffies in the UB40 song Red Red Wine,only small but athletic like a small pit.I had one of that type about 30years ago, a black brindle,only about 11kg,killed hundreds of feral cats that were wrecking the greens at the golf course where I worked.Very few dogs in those days would get the better of her either.

still plenty about , but a lot of staffs seem to have the bulldog look these days , not fat just solid blocks lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, steve66 said:

still plenty about , but a lot of staffs seem to have the bulldog look these days , not fat just solid blocks lol

They get too blockey they loose their agility,stronger but less agile,I like the old style dogs.

• Like 4

Mine is on the smaller side of things but not as small as you guys are saying... She is pretty fast/ agile with plenty of drive... Do you guys think 7 is too old to breed from her for an idea of her size my boy is 2.5years

Screenshot_20180507-124151.jpeg

IMG_20180507_095227.jpg

Edited by BlackDynamite
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, BlackDynamite said:

Mine is on the smaller side of things but not as small as you guys are saying... She is pretty fast/ agile with plenty of drive... Do you guys think 7 is too old to breed from her for an idea of her size my boy is 2.5years

Not if she's fit and healthy, was thinking of breeding mine and the year I decided to  she had pyometra, a womb infection and had to be spayed, had finally decided on the stud and everything, gutted.

Good luck if you breed her. got a good stud in mind?

HiNot sure yet mate maybe ill use her uncle. If not my friend has one but it has extreme dog aggression toward male dogs so not sure. 

Sorry to hear that about your bitch mate. 

11 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Not if she's fit and healthy, was thinking of breeding mine and the year I decided to  she had pyometra, a womb infection and had to be spayed, had finally decided on the stud and everything, gutted.

Good luck if you breed her. got a good stud in mind?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BlackDynamite said:

HiNot sure yet mate maybe ill use her uncle. If not my friend has one but it has extreme dog aggression toward male dogs so not sure. 

I don't think dog aggression in staffs is a bad thing,when I was a kid you never heard of same sex staffs being kept together.Most of the modern dogs have had the spirit bred out of them to fit into our Disneyland,non offensive world.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 7
13 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't think dog aggression in staffs is a bad thing,when I was a kid you never heard of same sex staffs being kept together.Most of the modern dogs have had the spirit bred out of them to fit into our Disneyland,non offensive world.

Well said, sir!

On 10/05/2018 at 09:00, BlackDynamite said:

If you have to think twice about breeding from a dog(extreme aggression ??)with a bit of gameness in him you are in the wrong breed.

• Like 3

Instead of breeding for the exaggerated bulldog look maybe they should put some good working terrier blood into the breed to get back to a more useful and healthy dog,otherwise they are going to end up like those stupid looking American bully things that are all the rage here and sell for $5000 ozzy dollars plus.IMO English staffs are one of the greatest all round breeds ever bred and would be a shame to see them ruined forever.

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Instead of breeding for the exaggerated bulldog look maybe they should put some good working terrier blood into the breed to get back to a more useful and healthy dog,otherwise they are going to end up like those stupid looking American bully things that are all the rage here and sell for $5000 ozzy dollars plus.IMO English staffs are one of the greatest all round breeds ever bred and would be a shame to see them ruined forever.

You don't need to put any working terrier into the breed . There is still worker's out there 

• Like 2