27 minutes ago, JBL said:

Yeah its baldness, doesn't have any sort of rash or itching. Vets say it could be alopecia but hes almost 10 now and it never grows back. I have had EBT's go bald around the tail and head, but he's the only dog I have seen like this. 

To be fair mate I've seen loads of them blues and I think out of all of them there was 2 maybe 3 that didn't have skin problems .

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive a real soft spot for this fella, my little 18 month old house dog, he's not much bigger than some patterdales, 15"ats and barely 29lb, keeps himself in decent order, loves to run the hills , wreck

A couple I owned over the years,...... Pups off of TLs Shadow,..... The red dog, was one decent dog too

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Navek said:

To be fair mate I've seen loads of them blues and I think out of all of them there was 2 maybe 3 that didn't have skin problems .

Skin problems it seems are quite common in blue dogs, I personally wouldn't go out of my way to get a blue dog, but I took him on from someone who couldn't keep him anymore, and he'd had several owners before that, he's got a great temperament and I believe the constant rehoming was like you pretty much are pointing out, too many people wanting a blue staffy, then not wanting them when the trend dies out, and over breeding. 

2 minutes ago, JBL said:

Skin problems it seems are quite common in blue dogs, I personally wouldn't go out of my way to get a blue dog, but I took him on from someone who couldn't keep him anymore, and he'd had several owners before that, he's got a great temperament and I believe the constant rehoming was like you pretty much are pointing out, too many people wanting a blue staffy, then not wanting them when the trend dies out, and over breeding. 

The lads were getting 1000 a blue pup for dogs and bitches so everyfucker with a staffs was pupping them out like pakis 

2 minutes ago, Navek said:

The lads were getting 1000 a blue pup for dogs and bitches 

That's crazy money. And I bet they didn't really think about anything apart from the money when breeding them. 

16 minutes ago, JBL said:

That's crazy money. And I bet they didn't really think about anything apart from the money when breeding them. 

Yea they did ....how much weed and new tracksuit they could get lol

joking aside tho it's shame for any dog 

2 minutes ago, Navek said:

Yea they did ....how much weed and new tracksuit they could get lol

joking aside tho it's shame for any dog 

Yes plus a lot of these guys can't even look after themselves, let alone a dog 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 12:25, Carlovian said:

Some Stafford Bull Terriers I had in the 1970, "Spring", "Ben" and "Butch"

Ricky B's Spring ,,,4xw.jpeg

Ricky B's Ben.jpg

ricky b's butch ,,,,.jpeg

A mate bred his bitch recently and the threw to the bull side got a couple brindle like the top dog and a bitch very similar to the dog in the bottom pic. The grandmother of the pups was pit/staff going back ta Lee's breeding I think il try get up a few pics. 

I have a soft spot for staffys. Had one 30 years ago now, got her for 25 quid of a so called dog man who got her to draw Charlie at end of digs, she wasn't interested so he'd boot her for showing him up in front of his other so called dog men. I got her and fed her the best I could afford and put loades of time into her and she came to trust me quite quickly considering shed been booted about by one of the towns bullys. She went on to be a great ratter and good ferreting bitch and in the house she was always with my kids when they was toddlers, they would dress her up in crazy outfits. I have a soft spot for staffys. Some nice looking dogs. Jerry 

• Like 5
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 18:16, Jerry71 said:

I have a soft spot for staffys. Had one 30 years ago now, got her for 25 quid of a so called dog man who got her to draw Charlie at end of digs, she wasn't interested so he'd boot her for showing him up in front of his other so called dog men. I got her and fed her the best I could afford and put loades of time into her and she came to trust me quite quickly considering shed been booted about by one of the towns bullys. She went on to be a great ratter and good ferreting bitch and in the house she was always with my kids when they was toddlers, they would dress her up in crazy outfits. I have a soft spot for staffys. Some nice looking dogs. Jerry 

that reminds me of our we staffy we had as a kid he was brill with us kids and all kids,  used to take himself hunting but had a taste for other males in the street.  he always used to bring big rats to the door and the screams of my mum lol, hated cats too. unfortunately got run over by a coal lorry, that was mid 80s

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 20:48, chesney said:

A mate bred his bitch recently and the threw to the bull side got a couple brindle like the top dog and a bitch very similar to the dog in the bottom pic. The grandmother of the pups was pit/staff going back ta Lee's breeding I think il try get up a few pics. 

Wonder was she Byrocky Lee