• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

What breeding was the 1st of the patterdales to arrive in EIRE,i can remember a dog in Co Meath called johnson,Nuttal bred and that was around late 70s early 80s and had never heard of any other strains of black terrier before that.Then PK started bringing them in and that is where i aquired my 1st black dog.I do remember lakeland type terriers earlier but they were local bred dogs but identical to the lakey's of today.

Johnson came to Eire mid 80s. He was brought over by Mr Nuttall himself and Johnson entered at 8 months. He was a son of BNs Micky.

But, Johnson's owner already had a fell type in his kennel albeit a red one but there already were black ones over here by then.

It will never be known what dog was the first black one in Ireland as there's a few lads who went over and brought back dogs un-be known to others and they feel that they have the right to say they were first.

And who's to say they're not ?

• Like 2

Johnson came to Eire mid 80s. He was brought over by Mr Nuttall himself and Johnson entered at 8 months. He was a son of BNs Micky.

But, Johnson's owner already had a fell type in his kennel albeit a red one but there already were black ones over here by then.

It will never be known what dog was the first black one in Ireland as there's a few lads who went over and brought back dogs un-be known to others and they feel that they have the right to say they were first.

Neil not one to disagree with you but he was here very early early 80s as was RB who dug to that dog a lot + the man that had he dog and he was not the dog he was was claimed to be.

• Like 1

I remember asking the owner of Johnson where he got the name "Johnson" from ?

He told me that at the time he got him as a pup the biggest scandal in the sports world at the time was that the world record sprinter Ben Johnson was after being disqualified for taking drugs.

Ben Johnson broke the world 100 M record in '87 and was disqualified in '88.

So the terrier Johnson was born in either 87 or 88.

I used to forget my wife's birthday and anniversary every year but when it comes to terriers I forget f**k all, LOL.

• Like 1

Does anyone on here remember a black dog called 1 eyed Bob belonging to GE from meath originaly GB,he was rated as 1 hell of a dog by anyone that seen him dug to,i had the plesure of seeing him dug and he was the buisness,GE bred some very good dogs.I bought a 3 year old worker of him a few year back and could not fault the dog,worked exactly as i was told and bought very reasonable for a working terrier,sadly lost to ground same season.

The two brothers too the dog you bought Fatman were two top class dogs as well they were off a red dog that mf from Sligo gave too Dr he was a real good dog and those three sons off him were good dogs too

IS THAT THE SAME RED DOG THAT GOT THE NICKNAME CARPET MATT OUR SOMETHING LIKE THAT IF SO I WAS TOLD BY A FEW LADS THAT HE WAS A SUPER WORKER AND PRODUCED A LOT OF GOOD WORKERS

I dug to Bob once or twice with GE and he was very good.

At the time GE had several very good workers that were mostly blue lakelands and if I remember correctly the blue came from a blue bitch that he got of Tony Lee in Dublin that Tony had swapped for a bulldog pup and sold to GE.

He got several good blue ones down of that bitch and the few times I dug with GE it was mostly 8 and 10 footers usually with one hole.

They were seriously good terriers.

• Like 1

that red dog was mine I gave him to mf who gave him to dr , some of the lads called him carpet for a laugh cos he had a bad coat, also ge had a bitch called carpet and they looked similar, when he was put on some of ge bitches he bred some belters, had some great digs with that dog, he could do the time, his mother was a good bitch but I couldn't find out about his father so I never bread from him myself but he was used on a good few bitches when he left my yard and produced the goods

The two brothers too the dog you bought Fatman were two top class dogs as well they were off a red dog that mf from Sligo gave too Dr he was a real good dog and those three sons off him were good dogs too

Could not fault the dog we got[bLUE] he was a very good worker and took no prisoners.GE had a lakeland dog years ago[blackntan] that was rated a very good dog.I put him across a lakey bitch i had but she did not hold,pity as when she was bred previous she through a very good litter.

that red dog was mine I gave him to mf who gave him to dr , some of the lads called him carpet for a laugh cos he had a bad coat, also ge had a bitch called carpet and they looked similar, when he was put on some of ge bitches he bred some belters, had some great digs with that dog, he could do the time, his mother was a good bitch but I couldn't find out about his father so I never bread from him myself but he was used on a good few bitches when he left my yard and produced the goods

did one off your mates breed off the son of the red dog Steve it was a brother too the one Fatman got