patterdales in ireland

Sam was out of a border dog called Dandy and a smooth black bitch called Brandy.

Dandy was Ray Walker's breeding and believe me was a very good terrier.

Brandy, I think, was of RRs breeding from the North. I had a daughter of hers who was good and hard but died young.

Sam was bred by P.M. in Dublin.

His blood graced many's a good kennel.

• Like 1

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

Sam was out of a border dog called Dandy and a smooth black bitch called Brandy.

Brandy, I think, was of RRs breeding from the North. I had a daughter of hers who was good and hard but died young.

That's right Neil Brandy was a Nuttal bitch from Co.Antrim and his sire was a Levi Oakes Border. ? Edited by THE GENERAL

This a longshot but lads is there any that bloodline still being worked.

There is still dogs out there bred down from Sam. I have a dog that has some of that in his blood. Penny (Sams daughter) to Tipp Tim. Goes back about 3 generations on his Dams side. Edited by THE GENERAL

Have often read that Sam was one of the best terriers ever to have been worked on Irish soil.

What was it that made him stand out above the rest?

Be good to hear from lads that seen the dog work

Dont no about the best terrier ever worked on Irish soil Smasher, loads of quality terriers being dug back then pal, in saying that Sam was a great digging dog new his job, dug him out of some shite spots and always had his game in front of him, he produced some great terriers too, He was a mixer type terrier if thats what game wanted, but if game wanted to bully him he could turn iron hard too, didnt see to many mixer type terriers out of him when crossed to Booths bitches back then,

• Like 1

Have often read that Sam was one of the best terriers ever to have been worked on Irish soil.

What was it that made him stand out above the rest?

Be good to hear from lads that seen the dog work

Dont no about the best terrier ever worked on Irish soil Smasher, loads of quality terriers being dug back then pal, in saying that Sam was a great digging dog new his job, dug him out of some shite spots and always had his game in front of him, he produced some great terriers too, He was a mixer type terrier if thats what game wanted, but if game wanted to bully him he could turn iron hard too, didnt see to many mixer type terriers out of him when crossed to Booths bitches back then,

sounds like a sensible dog then mushray,that went through the gears accordingly,my type of dog

I'm a bit embarrassed, Sam was bred up North by Billy C. who happens to be a good friend of mine.

Billy sent Sam down to Pete in Dublin who then gave him to Macker.

Macker then either sold or gave Sam to those who made the dogs name as a stud.

I'm a bit embarrassed, Sam was bred up North by Billy C. who happens to be a good friend of mine.

Billy sent Sam down to Pete in Dublin who then gave him to Macker.

Macker then either sold or gave Sam to those who made the dogs name as a stud.

I cant for the life of me understand how a dog with such a reputation passes through so many hands

• Like 1