• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

40 years ago the Harrisons from Mayo had these dogs sent over from their brother in Cumbria.

A good few lads in the North had them also,Monaghan,Leitrim borders.

THE INFLUENCE OF THE IRISH ON THE BLACK FELL GOES FAR BACK , IT IS WELL DOCUMENTED

IRISH IMMIGRANTS TO THE NORTH OF ENGLAND BROUGHT THE KERRY NOTHING LIKE THE PED OF TODAY

PLUS THE IRISH TERRIER, WITH THE LOVE OF BOTH PEOPLES FOR HUNTING THE TERRIERS WERE CROSSED WITH LOCAL TERRIERS PRODUCING THE BLACK FELL , IN ALL ITS GUISES

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 3
40 years ago the Harrisons from Mayo had these dogs sent over from their brother in Cumbria.

THE INFLUENCE OF THE IRISH ON THE BLACK FELL GOES FAR BACK , IT IS WELL DOCUMENTED

IRISH IMMIGRANTS TO THE NORTH OF ENGLAND BROUGHT THE KERRY NOTHING LIKE THE PED OF TODAY

PLUS THE IRISH TERRIER, WITH THE LOVE OF BOTH PEOPLES FOR HUNTING THE TERRIERS WERE CROSSED WITH LOCAL TERRIERS PRODUCING THE BLACK FELL , IN ALL ITS GUISES

Where did you get that information, I would like to read more on the subject, I have often wondered why there were no earth dogs breeds in Ireland other than the Glen of Imaal which is more specifically bred for badgers and a having as much in common with the wheatens and draw dogs. Did the Kerry Blue have any influence on the bedlingtons??

Where did you get that information, I would like to read more on the subject, I have often wondered why there were no earth dogs breeds in Ireland other than the Glen of Imaal which is more specifically bred for badgers and a having as much in common with the wheatens and draw dogs. Did the Kerry Blue have any influence on the bedlingtons??

IF YOU KNOW WERE TO LOOK YOU WILL FIND PICTURES NOT PHOTOS OF OLD KERRY TYPES , BEDDLINGTONS ETC TOMMY DOBSON WAS REKNOWED FOR HIS CROSS BREEDING , AS TO THE SPERCIFIC CROSS OF THE BEDDLING TON WE CAN ONLY SURMISE , AS TO DAY PEOPLE CROSS AND RECROSS , YOU ONLY HAVE TO LOOK AT THE BROAD RANGE OF BLACK TERRIERS , TWO BLACKS THROWING Bnt and reds , I WAS AT CRUFTS THIS YEAR THERE WERE TWO SO CALLED PURE BLACK LAKELANDS ON SHOW TINY THEY WERE WHEN I ASKED THERE HISTORY TIGHT LIPS WERE SHOWN AND SHOULDERS WERE SHRUGED , WORKER TO WORKER , THE IRISH BROUGHT THEIR STOCK THE NORTHEN LADS HAD THEIRS , CROSSES WERE MADE , BACK TO CRUFTS I TALKED IN LENTH TO A KERRY BREEDER WHO SHOWED ME OLD PICTURES OF KERRY TERRIERS NOTHING LIKE THE DOGS OF TO DAY , THEY COULD PASS FOR BLACK FELLS AND TODAY NO ONE COULD ARGUE , ALSO THE OLD IRISH TERRIERS WERE THROWN IN THE MIX , THE LAKELAND , NOT THE PED OF TODAY BUT THE WORKING STOCK OF CUMBRIA ,
  • Like 1

Thats the first I've heard of that story!

Sounds like the British lads trying to take the credit for the American Pitbull terrier.

What is the difference between a Patterdale and and Fell?? Is is that the patterdale had more staffordshire blood added to the lines hence their reputation for lackiing in reverse gears more so than others. If there was proper Kerry Blue blood in fell lines it would explain how some of the old black fell stuff was crazy too.

• Like 1

there not kerry blues in fell or patterdales joe hefferren was one of first men to bring patterdales to south of ireland plus he brought kerry blues to england which were bred in waterford and are still been bred today joe died too years ago he had a kerry blue in his kennells which was bred by same family he had off all does years ago nobody knew what patterdale were thenthey had not be seen before

there not kerry blues in fell or patterdales joe hefferren was one of first men to bring patterdales to south of ireland plus he brought kerry blues to england which were bred in waterford and are still been bred today joe died too years ago he had a kerry blue in his kennells which was bred by same family he had off all does years ago nobody knew what patterdale were thenthey had not be seen before
black terriers have been around a lot longer then Joe Hefferman's days , no Kerry terrier in fells no Irish, welsh, lakeland :icon_eek: , the fell has been around in all its colors be for you were a twinkle in your dads eye long before the name patterdale was hijacked a patterdale was a black lakeland , the fell is a cross bred terrier nothing more nothing less :yes:
  • Like 3

have u any information to prove ur statement i genuinly like to here it because when patterdale came to south of ireland nobody new what they were as for the name patterdale its a village in the fells not too far away from all fell pack ok twinkel toes :i : :icon_eek:

• Like 1
have u any information to prove ur statement i genuinly like to here it because when patterdale came to south of ireland nobody new what they were as for the name patterdale its a village in the fells not too far away from all fell pack ok twinkel toes :i : :icon_eek:
lol I NO WERE PATTERDALE IS OH AND THE PROXIMITY OF THE PLACE HAS MORE SIGNIFICANCE TO THE TYPES NAMES THAN YOU WILL KNOW ILL LET YOU BASK IN YOU IGNORANCE , AS TO KNOW ONE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE :clapper: . KNOW A FEW IRISH LADS THAT WOULD DISPUTE THAT , , LOOK AND YE WILL FIND , GO NORTH YOUNG MAN Edited by gonetoearth