patterdales in ireland

On 14/04/2020 at 00:23, False Peds said:

In my opinion it was the border in Sam that made ihim click ,just my opinion ,reason he is well known is he last owner ?put him in the hall of fame ?????,they were some great dogs around at that time up and down the country ,never to be mention 

The border blood has carried on

It still shows up and it’s clear to see

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mark the Leprechaun said:

I have a red patterdale terriermale and trying to find another red bitch to breed with is impossible..no-one wants to sell the reds..frustrated is an understatement 

Find a decent Lakey,especially a Black and tan un,that way you may get back to the original patterdale?,they were never black?.

On 06/01/2013 at 12:32, fat man said:

The dogs that BN has bred in the last 10-15 years have little or no resemblence to what he was breeding 30-40 year ago,just look at the size difference he now breeds to suit a certain market mainly america.I have seen stuff he bred over 30 year year ago and there is no comparision.

I disagree I have his blood from the 80s 5 generations down from breaye blood, if your saying his size of terrier is smaller now you are wrong. We imported many dogs brian worked himself to america in the late 80s early 90s the biggest dog we seen was 16 lb, all fox dogs. The best bitch he sent was 12 lbs miner was tiny gripper was 13 lbs. Seen him myself when I went and picked up his son, not sure if u meant they were bigger or smaller but his studs miner and gripper were both under 1 stone atleast gripper for sure 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, BrandonDGPT said:

I disagree I have his blood from the 80s 5 generations down from breaye blood, if your saying his size of terrier is smaller now you are wrong. We imported many dogs brian worked himself to america in the late 80s early 90s the biggest dog we seen was 16 lb, all fox dogs. The best bitch he sent was 12 lbs miner was tiny gripper was 13 lbs. Seen him myself when I went and picked up his son, not sure if u meant they were bigger or smaller but his studs miner and gripper were both under 1 stone atleast gripper for sure 

The apple never falls far from the tree ?

• Like 2
On 31 May 2020 at 00:12, BrandonDGPT said:

You are right Brandon his dogs haven't changed much in size over the years, I was at his kennels in the late 80's his dogs were all similar type around 12" - 14" at the most. Most people see his strong headed dogs in pics and think they are bigger than what they really are.

• Like 1

have terriers in a whole got a lot bigger than they used to be, remember growing up my old mans terriers was half the size of what’s I kennel today, and when I started going with the hounds as a young lad most of the hunt terriers was small/handy little things,a dog for a job, 

I don’t know BN at all or his dogs but maybe he just wanted to produce a smaller type of terrier for a certain type of earth work maybe, just my opinion.

• Like 1
On 31/05/2020 at 00:12, BrandonDGPT said:

Just saying what I seen and the earlier dogs were not the smooth little bull headed things like pugs that's about nowadays  they had a sort of broken coat and were way stronger, also and no offense to Brian as he is a gentleman to speak with but when selling dogs he seemed to have 2 different types, one for a  certain market and the other for digging lads. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Rat face said:

have terriers in a whole got a lot bigger than they used to be, remember growing up my old mans terriers was half the size of what’s I kennel today, and when I started going with the hounds as a young lad most of the hunt terriers was small/handy little things,a dog for a job, 

I don’t know BN at all or his dogs but maybe he just wanted to produce a smaller type of terrier for a certain type of earth work maybe, just my opinion.

Think they went from majority of fox dogs, to working grey, Miloe was 17-18 lbs when conditioned strong, they said he got drug around mid tube would take hold just couldnt hold it, take a strong terrier to hold them 

• Like 1