patterdales in ireland

Judging by what's been said on here there was some very good dogs with that blood in them, but what percentage of failures was in it as regards to workers, honest question as we have some of that blood in some of our dogs and what was mostly there style of working, hard, mixer, just curious as what I've seen of it is without doubt hard 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

Your right F.peds it was Gurya back to his daughter Peg (Gurya X Meg) which produced Tyson but I owned both mother and father, you also had another pup off me same way bred as peg maybe that was it, long time ago not 100% if it was dog or bitch, I had a good few dogs back then, Meg was a daughter of Pd's Nigger which also produced Punch another good dog.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, fat man said:

Judging by what's been said on here there was some very good dogs with that blood in them, but what percentage of failures was in it as regards to workers, honest question as we have some of that blood in some of our dogs and what was mostly there style of working, hard, mixer, just curious as what I've seen of it is without doubt hard 

With the stuff i had hear to be honest just wouldnt reproduce some good  dogs in the there.  Worker to worker with plenty breeding both sides i put false peds sammy to very good bitch here and never reproduced. Looking back now there was plenty good stuff been worked with plenty breeding in them but it didnt produce the percentages expected.  Il just go of my old dog didnt mate to whole lot but what i did put to him to didnt really throw. He was put to a bull bitch with lees breeding that threw up workers mate mine kept back bitch we done plenty digging with her not the hardest bitch but dug plenty stuff we put her to a dog of ac breeding that has thrown up a very good litter and another mating of another dog with ac breeding threw up more results for us here i put the up turn in fortune to the dogs we chose. Maybe the matings we done a few years ago the dogs and bitchs just didnt suit. The dogs used in recent years of ac breeding has thrown the better results and thats stuff we have folded back into.

• Like 2
Just now, steve t said:

Interesting Chesney as the terriers I keep aren't producing the percentages so a good outcross worked for u

Its working for the lads im digging with at the moment steve t i cant say it works for everyone but they are lads doing them matings whether it is for the sake of an outcross or just curiosity i couldnt say.

2 hours ago, chesney said:

With the stuff i had hear to be honest just wouldnt reproduce some good  dogs in the there.  Worker to worker with plenty breeding both sides i put false peds sammy to very good bitch here and never reproduced. Looking back now there was plenty good stuff been worked with plenty breeding in them but it didnt produce the percentages expected.  Il just go of my old dog didnt mate to whole lot but what i did put to him to didnt really throw. He was put to a bull bitch with lees breeding that threw up workers mate mine kept back bitch we done plenty digging with her not the hardest bitch but dug plenty stuff we put her to a dog of ac breeding that has thrown up a very good litter and another mating of another dog with ac breeding threw up more results for us here i put the up turn in fortune to the dogs we chose. Maybe the matings we done a few years ago the dogs and bitchs just didnt suit. The dogs used in recent years of ac breeding has thrown the better results and thats stuff we have folded back into.

I know of another man who put ac blood into his line and it produced the goods from a complete sounder. The off spring of these were bred again but working percentage is down big time, soon as he went out again the working ability went with it. I think I seen the bulls bitch in ml yard a couple of years back, well worked bitch, al  owned her I think, could be mistaken. 

• Like 2

My opinion , people are chasing big name terriers  blood ,and big money pups thinking there going to be better than what they have in ur own yard,lads are breeding bitches that are walking off,years ago it was cull hard with most men,when I looked back once I established a few workers in my yard I should have stook to it ,patt X border work for me , people don't rate that mating I remember some big name terriermen saying they wouldn't keep border shit ,one of them use one years after that I bred ,dog called Larry ,look my advice to any young lad get some decent blood in ur yard that's working and breed ur own ,only go outside of u need too,one of main reason I gave up was I couldn't produce my own  workers,any man can buy a worker not many can breed em , 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, False Peds said:

Both half borders Larry was as good as dog around for a lot of years and produce workers worked by NB &DOC 

We had a  couple of full borders down the years, one little bitch in particular was iron hard, truth was working borders were too thin on the ground to try and keep a line going and the last dog we had died after a hard dig.i seen 1 good half cross but that was it up this end.false peds did the ac blood bring much to your own line and why did you use it if your own line was working well,,was it a case of having to outcross. 

29 minutes ago, fat man said:

We had a  couple of full borders down the years, one little bitch in particular was iron hard, truth was working borders were too thin on the ground to try and keep a line going and the last dog we had died after a hard dig.i seen 1 good half cross but that was it up this end.false peds did the ac blood bring much to your own line and why did you use it if your own line was working well,,was it a case of having to outcross. 

I  didn't mate  any of half borders at the time ,they were mostly young ,first making was a mistake I gave 2 pups to Apache and I gave 2 young lads a pup each ,at the time I had two working Russell I brought in from UK , Maggie Sammy were my oldest blood in my yard I done a couple of mating with both of them  to good dogs and bitches around me but nothing of standard came ,I became good friends with AC and we done two mating with Maggie as his blood going back to his Bob dog was in her,first litter nothing ,used different dog and i kept two back and I pack up before I got to try em ,I gave em back to ac ,one of them you have ,looking back chesney had a top class bitch good as IV seen that we were digging ,I had some great full Levi oaks borders that were hard as f**k ,that's the line I should have kept ,I put down full borders that were killing foxes aground and wouldn't stay with lad,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My memory might be failing me what were the 2 pups I got off you F.peds and you could be right about that bitch you were on about was she about 3 when u got her off me  I had her from a 6 mth old pup that's if it's the same bitch.

• Like 1