• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

If I didnt see it with my own eyes.....Then it’s hearsay.

Everyone has to start off somewhere though

What about all the duds that were bred and plenty of them there was that didn’t make the grade?

You don’t hear about that and add the hearsay into it. Recipe for disaster.

Edited by Steak knife
12 hours ago, Steak knife said:

If I didnt see it with my own eyes.....Then it’s hearsay.

Everyone has to start off somewhere though

What about all the duds that were bred and plenty of them there was that didn’t make the grade?

You don’t hear about that and add the hearsay into it. Recipe for disaster.

Keep your circle tight and your dogs tight and hear say wont enter the equation. You wouldn't need to rely on it.Theres probably 2 or 3 fellas in the country who's word I would take for gospel no questions asked. If they said a dog was doing it then that dog was doing the business. My dogs go back to some of the fore mentioned dogs and are now throwing a greater number of workers than ever before but believe me I've bred some useless dogs too some of which would really have you scratching  your head but every one does. Sometimes the mating just doesn't click even within a line. Just cut that branch off and get back to your main stem and go again. Unfortunately luck does have it's part to play I reckon but so too does giving a dog time to mature . The best possible lines even have there skeletons in the closet guaranteed.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, aaron01 said:

Did you ever see a dog called wally he sent him up to the north then we sent him back down just before Jimmy went to America I think it was

I saw the dog alright but didn't see him working....supposed to have been a handy dog I believe 

25 minutes ago, bull mcabe said:

I saw the dog alright but didn't see him working....supposed to have been a handy dog I believe 

He was dead on we had him a few seasons but it got a little hot up here so he went back down the road just incase 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bull mcabe said:

Keep your circle tight and your dogs tight and hear say wont enter the equation. You wouldn't need to rely on it.Theres probably 2 or 3 fellas in the country who's word I would take for gospel no questions asked. If they said a dog was doing it then that dog was doing the business. My dogs go back to some of the fore mentioned dogs and are now throwing a greater number of workers than ever before but believe me I've bred some useless dogs too some of which would really have you scratching  your head but every one does. Sometimes the mating just doesn't click even within a line. Just cut that branch off and get back to your main stem and go again. Unfortunately luck does have it's part to play I reckon but so too does giving a dog time to mature . The best possible lines even have there skeletons in the closet guaranteed.

Totally agree with you Bull ?

2 minutes ago, fat man said:

We have a  son of Maggie's, very good dog, knows his job, started 3 youngsters of him this season and all going well. 

When the right stuff is used it goes along way to reviving what others say is not reproducing 

Edited by chesney
  • Like 1