patterdales in ireland

39 minutes ago, chesney said:

Were black sam and fogarttys sam different dogs

I knew fogartys sam as black sam. That's what I asked earlier incase I was talking about the wrong dog altogether. Apache the son of sam we had was a baying type but there wouldn't be an inch between him and his game he used to get bitten everywhere. The dog got through tons of work. Whereas most of the grandsons were hard animals but did steady with work 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, bull mcabe said:

I knew fogartys sam as black sam. That's what I asked earlier incase I was talking about the wrong dog altogether. Apache the son of sam we had was a baying type but there wouldn't be an inch between him and his game he used to get bitten everywhere. The dog got through tons of work. Whereas most of the grandsons were hard animals but did steady with work 

I just spoke to the nephew of the man that bred the mother of my old dog she was out of a dog called bruno and bitch called betsy that sam and bess is there on his mothers side on his father side is BG tupac who is out of rum and bitch called misty. If all that is right he have black sam or fogartys sam in him both sides. 

Edited by chesney
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, chesney said:

I just spoke to the nephew of the man that bred the mother of my old dog she was out of a dog called bruno and bitch called betsy that sam and bess is there on his mothers side on his father side is BG tupac who is out of rum and bitch called misty. If all that is right he have black sam or fogartys sam in him both sides. 

The first black pups that BG got from Derry..that was the start of his line... to what he lined the pups he got from Derry I dont know after that .... but I know the whole history behind the first bitch and I dug over her quite a few times and I also know the full ped behind her... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, chesney said:

There the grandparents of me old dog on his father side

All very capable dogs mentioned there pal. And producers too in fairness. A nice number of terriers still producing well today with those names behind them. ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bull mcabe said:

All very capable dogs mentioned there pal. And producers too in fairness. A nice number of terriers still producing well today with those names behind them. ?

Iv a daughter of that old dog put to dog of another line and it has thrown well. 

2 hours ago, stop.end said:

The first black pups that BG got from Derry..that was the start of his line... to what he lined the pups he got from Derry I dont know after that .... but I know the whole history behind the first bitch and I dug over her quite a few times and I also know the full ped behind her... 

Did they go back to nuttalls penny?

20 hours ago, bull mcabe said:

Rum and misty were very good terriers. Rum is back in nearly all of mine. 

I bred off Af's rum after seeing his first dig, not something I'd usually do but I was impressed with the young dog that much I was back up a few weeks later and bred off him, I took a chance and it worked out.

17 hours ago, tinytiger said:

Did they go back to nuttalls penny?

Not nuttals penny but it was a nuttal bitch here at the time in Derry, would of been around 1988, a rough coated bitch decent bitch she was to also owned by JC . she was put to a dog called tiger...owned by the same fella JC... but JC got his terriers from TC, her sire from TC was a dog called Ben.... he came over from lowther in 1985 to NK in maghera then went to TC in Derry... he was a brightmoore x cowan dog... this is a pic of what would be the Grandfather to Billys stuff, tiger is the dog pup standing on his own at the dish...Ben was a top class digging dog owned by TC and tiger was a hell of a terrier to.... tiger produced the troops bitch, she lost her eye in a dig at 2 years old but still worked regularly till she died at 10.. she was owned by JP, and he put her to a black and tan 3 quarter patterdale quarter lakeland dog which was related to the troops bitch and he was called spud owned by JB, that's when Billy got the pups down.

received_3386110391404814.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2