patterdales in ireland

What breeding was the 1st of the patterdales to arrive in EIRE,i can remember a dog in Co Meath called johnson,Nuttal bred and that was around late 70s early 80s and had never heard of any other strains of black terrier before that.Then PK started bringing them in and that is where i aquired my 1st black dog.I do remember lakeland type terriers earlier but they were local bred dogs but identical to the lakey's of today.

i had 2 1977 from england they were only pups got them going they were prone to fits watever was up with them,

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

that red dog was mine I gave him to mf who gave him to dr , some of the lads called him carpet for a laugh cos he had a bad coat, also ge had a bitch called carpet and they looked similar, when he was put on some of ge bitches he bred some belters, had some great digs with that dog, he could do the time, his mother was a good bitch but I couldn't find out about his father so I never bread from him myself but he was used on a good few bitches when he left my yard and produced the goods

did one off your mates breed off the son of the red dog Steve it was a brother too the one Fatman got

If that's Mickey then yes we put him on a bitch. the one I kept died on his second dig, very hard,

good day Kevin, did u ever get pups out of Heather, she was bred from stuff BN gave to my mates uncle in the early eighties, when he used to stop at his whilst doing the birds. Bloody great line of terriers, pity got so small through inbreeding, also given to lads who bred all sorts to them making it difficult to maintain line.

No I never got anything of the lads that bn have them they were telling me about them at the time we were down I think you were there the day we were in meath with the lads and that bitch that was bred too mickey done close too three hours

htimestamp="1438522430"] had a Dog of the man,bn,who said it was out of mickey and a good bitch, and the were going a good while and age. The dog i had worked five years but lost him to an infection.

No I never got anything of the lads that bn have them they were telling me about them at the time we were down I think you were there the day we were in meath with the lads and that bitch that was bred too mickey done close too three hours

Great topic I'm after reading it from start to finish and it's all very interesting.i started digging around cavan/monaghan with a lad had a wee black patterdale with white chest BEAUTY was her name she came from up meath country she was a real gamey handy wee thing a joy to work with we hunted her for 2 seasons but unfortunately she was killed with a car on his own yard before he got to breed her,but she was one that got me hooked and il never forget a wee bitch like that is hard replaced.

Keep it up lads

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

we must owe credit tot he likes of TP DR BN KG for what we have today only for these lads we wouldnt have the terrier of today....

. Theres alot of good terrier men in this country aswell that brought dogs over of these men and made them there own they just don't seek the notoriety that goes with it.
  • Like 2