Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

th first gould and nuttall type patterdale were brought over here 30 years ago

FIRST BLACK NUTTAL / GOULD HIT ( IRELAND )WATERFORD DIRECTION 30 YEARS AGO, ANYONE THAT THINKS THERE KERRY BLUE IN THEM ARE TALKING OUT THERE HOLE !!!!!!!! AND THATS A FACT.......

Was at Stacey many yrs back as a lad with my mate who had a blue dog out of Satan. Stacey clamed the dog was bred down from a Kerryblue dog imported from ireland, he had no need to lie.. I bought a 3/4 Brightmore 1/4 Stacey bred bitch from a mate of FSin 1983, and he also gave me the breeding of the bitch. I asked Ken about Satan, and he told me that he used bitchs bred down from this dog mated to Smithy to create his black lines as he was at the time in his words, a russel man, as he did not rate the Nuttal bitchs he had seen. In the breeding of my bitch there is a son of Goulds Simon [Middletons Rex] and Nancy, that had been mated to a Stacey bred bitch called Blue Lass, grand daughter of Satan, a good digging line that a couple of good lads of here work, who also sent dogs over the water 30 yrs back. When looking for a stud in 1991 I asked Ken if there was any of this old blood left as i was looking to use a dog from the same bloodlines. He told me he only knew of 2 dogs still living , 1 was owned by PD from waterford, and the other was DM from the north.

fek there goes my hole again.

incidentally DHs Gould line [Jack x Vicky] also carry blood back to Satan through Demon x Cracker.

YOU CARRY ON , INTERESTING STUFF ,

FIRST BLACK NUTTAL / GOULD HIT ( IRELAND )WATERFORD DIRECTION 30 YEARS AGO, ANYONE THAT THINKS THERE KERRY BLUE IN THEM ARE TALKING OUT THERE HOLE !!!!!!!! AND THATS A FACT.......

Was at Stacey many yrs back as a lad with my mate who had a blue dog out of Satan. Stacey clamed the dog was bred down from a Kerryblue dog imported from ireland, he had no need to lie.. I bought a 3/4 Brightmore 1/4 Stacey bred bitch from a mate of FSin 1983, and he also gave me the breeding of the bitch. I asked Ken about Satan, and he told me that he used bitchs bred down from this dog mated to Smithy to create his black lines as he was at the time in his words, a russel man, as he did not rate the Nuttal bitchs he had seen. In the breeding of my bitch there is a son of Goulds Simon [Middletons Rex] and Nancy, that had been mated to a Stacey bred bitch called Blue Lass, grand daughter of Satan, a good digging line that a couple of good lads of here work, who also sent dogs over the water 30 yrs back. When looking for a stud in 1991 I asked Ken if there was any of this old blood left as i was looking to use a dog from the same bloodlines. He told me he only knew of 2 dogs still living .

incidentally DHs Gould line [Jack x Vicky] also carry blood back to Satan through Demon x Cracker.

very interesting topic this one lads ,keep it up and maybe the truth

will come out of how certain peoples breeding ended up in other mens

yards ,whither intentionally or unintentionally ..

Edited by jimmys shop

Was at Stacey many yrs back as a lad with my mate who had a blue dog out of Satan. Stacey clamed the dog was bred down from a Kerryblue dog imported from ireland, he had no need to lie.. I bought a 3/4 Brightmore 1/4 Stacey bred bitch from a mate of FSin 1983, and he also gave me the breeding of the bitch. I asked Ken about Satan, and he told me that he used bitchs bred down from this dog mated to Smithy to create his black lines as he was at the time in his words, a russel man, as he did not rate the Nuttal bitchs he had seen. In the breeding of my bitch there is a son of Goulds Simon [Middletons Rex] and Nancy, that had been mated to a Stacey bred bitch called Blue Lass, grand daughter of Satan, a good digging line that a couple of good lads of here work, who also sent dogs over the water 30 yrs back. When looking for a stud in 1991 I asked Ken if there was any of this old blood left as i was looking to use a dog from the same bloodlines. He told me he only knew of 2 dogs still living.

YOU CARRY ON , INTERESTING STUFF ,

no probs b ,
i know lads from north of ireland that have stayed with me and dug with me and stayed with ken and know first hand were and when the first dogs arrived in ireland...........other lads from the south of ireland have been in kens yard many years ago, who else was in ken goulds yard 30 years ago on this forum and brought dogs from ken over to ireland.........i heard this i heard that..........but seen fxxk all with there own eyes........and i bet there going to talk out there hole again...... :big_boss:

dogs of 30 yrs ago,,,what dogs of kens were they out of?

p***y have you been in Kens yard, and if so what dogs of kens did you dig to or see.

the gould dogs in your yard, what dogs of kens were they out of.

give us facts not.....i heard this i heard that from men i know.......

• Like 1

when i moved out there 8 yrs ago i took a very good strain of nuttall with me a dog and bitch smooth coated single handed dogs something the local ladds could.nt understand and were mad for there own breeding so i took a litter from my bitch and kept back my own. and i said to these lads here take the bitch and start your selfs off there first cross was springer / nuttall f===ing lost me there best reply was give it better nose ? how nuttall or gouldie strain survived out there i dont know they lost the bitch to cepti in the end tipperary boys this was . not all irish lads are the same seen some nice types out there . i lost all interest in terriers while i was out there after 30 yrs and never replaed my dogs again .

Edited by bignoel
i know lads from north of ireland that have stayed with me and dug with me and stayed with ken and know first hand were and when the first dogs arrived in ireland...........other lads from the south of ireland have been in kens yard many years ago, who else was in ken goulds yard 30 years ago on this forum and brought dogs from ken over to ireland.........i heard this i heard that..........but seen fxxk all with there own eyes........and i bet there going to talk out there hole again...... :big_boss:

p***y have you been in Kens yard, and if so what dogs of kens did you dig to or see.

THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT ON HERE WHO LIKE TO USE THE WORD FACT :hmm: , EVENT OR THING KNOWN TO HAVE HAPPEND OR EXISTED,PROVABLE TRUTH, :hmm: I WAS AT MR GOULDS PLACE 1975 BROUGHT HOME A PUP , SIRE SMIFFY , BLACK FELL TERRIER FACT :big_boss: Edited by gonetoearth
Just had a quik visit to the library and this wass what i saw

That boyo didriksen says he bred smiffy in 1972 and mr smiff says he kept him4 or5 seasons before flogging it to gould.

gone to earth bought a pup in 1975 off gould and he says its off smiffy.

gonetoearth are you taking the mickey out of us paddys

are you darby ogill or the comedian brendan carroll.

give us the truth you know we can handle the truth there are enough comedians ihn this country look at that header Brian cowan did he keep patterdales or was that another cowan

Do you have kerry blues

do you have a goatee beard come on face the facts

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE ;)

Fukin just back from a wee Easter break,this country's gone down the tubes,deesel,drink and food,shhouldve stayed here with you fine people.

Next year maybe do the Algarve instead.

Ozzy I asked a mate about these black dogs and he reckons they had the black dogs in Carlow before your big baldy mate.

Its rumoured they sold Dudley Tom to get some black dogs,when was that.

Ray Smith says he bought Smithy(Smiffy) 1972/1973 at a year and a half and sold him after working him til he was 4/5.

I met Mr Gould about 16/17 years ago at the Sweep show and had a good yarn with him about his blacks.

I found him a nice chap who enjoyed talking about the dogs.

He did say the fella Heffenan got the dogs for the Waterford chaps but I got the impression maybe wrong that the dogs were only in their hands a few years.

But he didnt say were he got Smiffy(Smithy) whatever hes really called.Maybe its a big secret.Is that a fact or a load of balls.

Maybe I'm just talking balls,ah well sure at the end of the day.......................its the night

p***y you just keep working the dogs and never mind these lads.

Is that you in that photo.I read anotherr post and I'd be fukin annoyed if someone thought I was wee fat Kevin from the staffy bar

Edited by ozzy
Guest Grummit
there not kerry blues in fell or patterdales joe hefferren was one of first men to bring patterdales to south of ireland plus he brought kerry blues to england which were bred in waterford and are still been bred today joe died too years ago he had a kerry blue in his kennells which was bred by same family he had off all does years ago nobody knew what patterdale were thenthey had not be seen before
black terriers have been around a lot longer then Joe Hefferman's days , no Kerry terrier in fells no Irish, welsh, lakeland :icon_eek: , the fell has been around in all its colors be for you were a twinkle in your dads eye long before the name patterdale was hijacked a patterdale was a black lakeland , the fell is a cross bred terrier nothing more nothing less :yes:

Well said I have met a lot of long wire haired so called patts that are fell throwbacks.