patterdales in ireland

sorry for been ignorant mate letf school at 15 had the priviledge of been in j cowen and a barkers one time we might be intersted in same type i never heard of kerry blues been mention up there maybe i might be a little educated u never know but i have bred some good working dogs

[/quote read my posts not the Kerry of today or the Irish, or lake land, but the Pre kennel club terriers , that were brought to northern england by Irish migrant workers in the 1800 , the terrier in the lakes were lakeland types not the kc ones of today , the fell is and has all ways been a crossbred , , they go back further than barker brey tyson, they took up the mantel and bred and cross bred , as still happens today ,and twinkel ask any old huntsman or terrier man in the lakes what a patt is you will be told a black lakeland type , go to lowther and put you black terrier in the terrier show aint no class for blacks its fells there all fell terriers in the lakes , the name has been hijacked, patterdale , fell type call em what you will ,

Edited by gonetoearth

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

th first gould and nuttall type patterdale were brought over here 30 years ago

FIRST BLACK NUTTAL / GOULD HIT ( IRELAND )WATERFORD DIRECTION 30 YEARS AGO, ANYONE THAT THINKS THERE KERRY BLUE IN THEM ARE TALKING OUT THERE HOLE !!!!!!!! AND THATS A FACT.......DOG MEN OF IRELAND BACK THEN KNOW THE TRUE STORY OF HOW THEY CAME TO IRELAND AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN KEPT SECRET, THERE WAS NEVER A BLACK DOG PATTERDALE / FELL AT THE TRIALS, AND WE ALL HAD GOOD FRIENDS ACROSS THE WATER AT THE TIME, THE ONLY THING THAT KERRY BLUE BLOOD SHOULD BE PUT INTO IS...................... THE RIVER !!! I AM TALKING FACTS NOT TALKING WHAT SOME BULL-SHITTER SAYS DOWN IN THE PUB !!!!!!! :big_boss:

i had a gould terrier 35 years ago a black fell terrier hairy like a bear cub , its farther was a dog called smiffy mate it werent no nuttall :big_boss: ken gould bred it looked nothing like a nuttall , :big_boss: Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1

THIS SEEMS TO BE GETTING OUT OF CONTEXT, MY POINT WAS.

THE BLACK TERRIERS ORIGINS. BEFORE THE IRISH MIGRANTS

ARRIVED IN THE NORTH OF ENGLAND, THE TERRIERS USED WERE BLACK

AND TAN, AND BEDDLINGTON TYPES, THE TERRIERS THAT WERE BROUGHT

IN WERE THOUGHT TO BE THE PREDECESSORS OF THE KERRY BLUE AND IRISH TERRIER

THROWING A PURE BLACK TERRIER IN THE MIX , THE RELEVANCE OF WHEN DID NUTTALL

TYPE ENTER IRELAND , I DO NOT KNOW BUT , LADS IN THE NORTH HAVE HAD THEM SINCE I WAS A KID

Edited by gonetoearth

FIRST BLACK NUTTAL / GOULD HIT ( IRELAND )WATERFORD DIRECTION 30 YEARS AGO, ANYONE THAT THINKS THERE KERRY BLUE IN THEM ARE TALKING OUT THERE HOLE !!!!!!!! AND THATS A FACT.......DOG MEN OF IRELAND BACK THEN KNOW THE TRUE STORY OF HOW THEY CAME TO IRELAND AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN KEPT SECRET, THERE WAS NEVER A BLACK DOG PATTERDALE / FELL AT THE TRIALS, AND WE ALL HAD GOOD FRIENDS ACROSS THE WATER AT THE TIME, THE ONLY THING THAT KERRY BLUE BLOOD SHOULD BE PUT INTO IS...................... THE RIVER !!! I AM TALKING FACTS NOT TALKING WHAT SOME BULL-SHITTER SAYS DOWN IN THE PUB !!!!!!! :big_boss:

Right on p***y.But the river was to good for the KerryBlue.

• Like 1
gone to earth as you well know no one up here has ever or will ever call a fell type a patterdale there is a great difference between the two granted the patterdales is a game worker but up here we need a dog that is more than just game we need a dog to be able to walk all day in all weathers and then when it is called upon to enter earth ,rock borran or drain and work his quarry the same as they did years ago before any of us were ever thought of.no direspect to anyone that keeps patterdales and i have seen some excellent ones at work but they would not have a place in full time hunt service in the lake district due to weather conditions we hunt when some folk wouldnt even dare to leave there fire side there is no horse mounted followers it is not sport it is pest control and any true lakeland worker needs one major thing a good jacket.but that still doesnt answer the question that was frst asked.
HA HA I FOFGOT THAT WAS YOU, we will digress some were else, :thumbs:
THIS SEEMS TO BE GETTING OUT OF CONTEXT, MY POINT WAS.

THE BLACK TERRIERS ORIGINS. BEFORE THE IRISH MIGRANTS

ARRIVED IN THE NORTH OF ENGLAND, THE TERRIERS USED WERE BLACK

AND TAN, AND BEDDLINGTON TYPES, THE TERRIERS THAT WERE BROUGHT

IN WERE THOUGHT TO BE THE PREDECESSORS OF THE KERRY BLUE AND IRISH TERRIER

THROWING A PURE BLACK TERRIER IN THE MIX , THE RELEVANCE OF W

Edited by ozzy

FIRST BLACK NUTTAL / GOULD HIT ( IRELAND )WATERFORD DIRECTION 30 YEARS AGO, ANYONE THAT THINKS THERE KERRY BLUE IN THEM ARE TALKING OUT THERE HOLE !!!!!!!! AND THATS A FACT.......DOG MEN OF IRELAND BACK THEN KNOW THE TRUE STORY OF HOW THEY CAME TO IRELAND AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN KEPT SECRET, THERE WAS NEVER A BLACK DOG PATTERDALE / FELL AT THE TRIALS, AND WE ALL HAD GOOD FRIENDS ACROSS THE WATER AT THE TIME, THE ONLY THING THAT KERRY BLUE BLOOD SHOULD BE PUT I

Edited by ozzy
  • Like 1

There is no Kerry Blue, wheaten ,Glen in any Fell/Patterdale dogs.A lot of bollocks.

And I wouldnt say there were any Gould dogs in Ireland 30 years ago another lot of bollocks.

When did Gould become well known for patterdales in England, late 70's?.Get real f**k sake.Mid 80's maybe believable.

Some people get lost in the mists of time.

In 79 I would doubt there were any Gould dogs in Ireland.Nuttal dogs yes but mainly in the North

Know that a few boys from the North were at Goulds kennels but they came home empty handed.Late 70's.Fact

There is no Kerry Blue, wheaten ,Glen in any Fell/Patterdale dogs.A lot of bollocks.

And I wouldnt say there were any Gould dogs in Ireland 30 years ago another lot of bollocks.

When did Gould become well known for patterdales in England, late 70's?.Get real f**k sake.Mid 80's maybe believable.

In 79 I would doubt there were any Gould dogs in Ireland.Nuttal dogs yes but mainly in the North

Know that a few boys from the North were at Goulds kennels but they came home empty handed.Late 70's.Fact , no one said there was any wheaten or glen imal, and were you in the the north of england in the 1800s or maybe you got lost in the mists of time

Edited by gonetoearth

Know that a few boys from the North were at Goulds kennels but they came home empty handed.Late 70's.Fact

Edited by ozzy

most of the terrier men i know form the north and south of ireland who have been digging 30+ years imported their dogs in from England back them they now have their own successful lines of terriers that are still working on from those origional imports

one of the best breeders of digging dogs 30 + yrs back was Frank Stacey, he owned a big blue linty/soft curly coated dog called Satan. This dog was reported to have had Kerry blue blood in him. Satan was a real handfull, a notorous fox killer, as well as a bad fighter. He once after killing a fox to ground killed 2 russels that a young lad had let slip to ground by accident. When they got to him he was liying on top of the now dead fox, and had started to eat one of the russels. A friend of mine dug him out once with 2 1/2 dead adult foxs, he had eaten the other half. He can be traced back in the breeding of most if not all Gould, Brightmore, Wells, old Middleton as well as McCoy lines of today.

BQ is Frank still about

Edited by The Breeder
  • Like 1