• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD that Songy's is a belter,went a walk about last night and down south is way ahead as far as nests and eggs go,atb NID.

PS.Still freezing up here.Also notice the difference in foilage growth.

Edited by NID

I noticed a similar thing today - I had a poke around the gorse and broom bushes looking for linnets and yellowhammers but nothing yet at all. Found a couple of blackbirds pre-lay and visited an old site I remembered from my youth where the tawny owls used to nest and sure enough she was there, probably a few generations later than the old birds I used to know. The site is a long narrow crack in a tremendous old beech tree - pics up later.

OTC

Here's the tawny owl

She's really hard to see but whilst I was craning my neck for a better photo she took off so this is the best I could get of her, you can make out her back sitting tight.

And there's no way I could shin up there for a look at the clutch - I didn't manage it all those years ago either! It must be 40 foot up a smooth beech trunk . . .

OTC

P1010203.jpg

Had a chap over today to take pics of hares and deer. I also managed to stumble across a few nests much to his delight. Got a few good images of hares chasing each other as well as deer in various poses...

Heres a few nests of today...

lapwings.....

post-16-1240072946.jpg