for the alaunt guys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jai, these days the 'experts' knock folks pictures and run you down... Most of the threads go to shit??

Go and look through threads from ten years ago and it’s like a different world on here. Folk who actually have done a bunch of hunting, having interesting discussions, and arguments about dogs and hun

I think a lot use to hunt but don't now and come on here for the crack which is what the general section is for. End of the day it's an,internet forum not worth losing sleep over ladies ??

Posted Images

lol...i should go now, that way when Dan lets me slip my dogs on a yote, it will be able to be breeding stock for next year!...lol...Oh, and Dan, i also have a few terriers i would like to try on yotes in holes/pipes etc?...be any good to you mate?

Kye..

lol...i should go now, that way when Dan lets me slip my dogs on a yote, it will be able to be breeding stock for next year!...lol...Oh, and Dan, i also have a few terriers i would like to try on yotes in holes/pipes etc?...be any good to you mate?

Kye.. are you planning to ue the terriers to draw? If you are what type of terrrier are you planning on using if you don't mind me asking. I'm not trying to start anything I just have nose problems I guess. Thanks

Edited by indiana

Hi Indiana,..

No worries mate, im not fussed...my mate has a Bull terrier he wants to try on a yote...it was his first season on coon and feral cats, the season just passed, and he done well...he will travel an earth or pipe well for a Bull as well...i also have a 30lbs Fell terrier i would like to try...he is a big lad, and he has also just finished his first season...he done ok on possom, and coon...he is not a hard kind of dog, and he isnt bred outta hard stuff, so it would be interesting to see what happens...i wish he had a little more grit, kinda silly having a 30lb dog that bays alot, but so far he is a stayer, and thats more than enough!...he might not stay with a 35lb yote though!...lol.

I also have a PitxFell, but she is only a baby...still under five months i think!?...she wont be ready to see a yote until i let her have some work on coons and such...

Kye..

No yet mate...the wife is away visiting the kids, and she has the camera, and i only have internet access at her work place,...i will try and get some pics up when i can though mate...

Indiana, are you the guy who imported some wooly terriers from the UK...if you are, i think you brought two of them over here?...PM if you prefer mate.

Kye..

It amazes me how some people can think they know better than guys who are testing their stock thoroughly and ruthelessly culling anything faulty,very few people in the UK are using such programmes to create good dogs.

These yote dogs have been bred for generations to do a job,General Custer had some so they have been around a fair while,ive no doubt that pitt/grey and their derivatives would kill a coyote single handed,but as an earlier poster pointed out pitts enjoy the combat and thats a tottally different thing.

Ive seen all crosses kill fox,and the pitts sometimes seem to make a slower job of it than dogs we had years ago before anyone thought of using pitt blood,the dogs we had then were game but didn't like getting bit so immediatly killed the fox in seconds,the pitt blood's real contribution is it makes a dog "go back for more" even when they take punishment.

My hunting partner back then had a lurcher dog,just over 26 tts and 6 and a half stone in weight,he was sired by a runner up in the Waterloo cup and the dam was a mixture of deerhound,collie bedlington and greyhound[cant be sure on quantities] she had a nasty temprament,he would kill a fox like a terrier kills a rat because he didn't like pain,

more than once he picked up a fox and broke its back in the blink of an eye.

Very interesting thread,shame some people are rude,atb Dan.

No yet mate...the wife is away visiting the kids, and she has the camera, and i only have internet access at her work place,...i will try and get some pics up when i can though mate...

Indiana, are you the guy who imported some wooly terriers from the UK...if you are, i think you brought two of them over here?...PM if you prefer mate.

Kye.. that wasn't me that imported the terriers. I just use july hounds on the coyotes. A drawing type dog is interestng though.

Ok Indiana, no worries mate...i know a guy that sent some drawing type dogs to your state once-apon-a-time, thats why i asked...

I think my mates Bull might draw them, but i thik if he does, they will be dead first!...im thinking the Black type i have will probably just bay, maybe nip at them a little...who nows what the FellxPit will do?...

Kye..

he would kill a fox like a terrier kills a rat because he didn't like pain

There is way more to this that most would believe.

Even a hard bitten lakeland terrier soon learns to shake a rat,some people mis-read why dogs do certain things.

just been reading about them a few facts ......it gives there average weights and the biggest recorded one caught,,,,,the averrage 85 lbs..........when a wolfs wet it looks half the size.......looks can be very deceving.... ;)

Gray Wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Debate over then............................bullx and a bucket of water :clapper:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: quality pml

Ok Indiana, no worries mate...i know a guy that sent some drawing type dogs to your state once-apon-a-time, thats why i asked...

I think my mates Bull might draw them, but i thik if he does, they will be dead first!...im thinking the Black type i have will probably just bay, maybe nip at them a little...who nows what the FellxPit will do?...

Kye..

kye Pm your number I am intersested in the bigger dogs