for the alaunt guys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jai, these days the 'experts' knock folks pictures and run you down... Most of the threads go to shit??

Go and look through threads from ten years ago and it’s like a different world on here. Folk who actually have done a bunch of hunting, having interesting discussions, and arguments about dogs and hun

I think a lot use to hunt but don't now and come on here for the crack which is what the general section is for. End of the day it's an,internet forum not worth losing sleep over ladies ??

Posted Images

Very nice lookin dog. If I were you, I would not be afraid to slip him doubled up with a dog just like him on any coyote. If they get whipped off, oh well, at least you tried. I think he and a suitable mate would do the business.

he was a tough old dog Dan, had a strong jaw aswell. Two like him would give it 100%, dont know if they would kill yote, but as i said he would die trying :yes: you dont get many colliexs like he was, i keep looking though :yes:

Hey scotsman load up you dogs and come on over I sure would like to see your shakers get shook now that would be funny.

:laugh:

Just a thought, if shaking was the most efficient way to kill another animal, how come you don't see big cats shaking away at the necks of wildebeest...? :hmm:

the best method a dog can use to kill its opponent is either the choke hold or straight into the rib cage. The choke and rib holds will work just fine and dandy on fox but in afraid for coyote its gotta be the choke hold every time. jmo. atb stabba

the best method a dog can use to kill its opponent is either the choke hold or straight into the rib cage. The choke and rib holds will work just fine and dandy on fox but in afraid for coyote its gotta be the choke hold every time. jmo. atb stabba

Actually, a good hard biting chest dog can kill a coyote pretty damn quick, but it helps alot if there is a throat dog holding the head down. A good throat dog just doesn't have to take as much stick.

Just what I've seen over the years, i'm no expert, I just love to run dogs.

post-212-1254530097_thumb.jpg

On this coyote Saker pins while Bonz and Driver are in the chest, he didn't last long. But running double by themselves, Bonz and Driver would go to the throat, I guess they were smarter than me on how to do it right.

Edited by badger

Actually, a good hard biting chest dog can kill a coyote pretty damn quick, but it helps alot if there is a throat dog holding the head down. A good throat dog just doesn't have to take as much stick.

Just what I've seen over the years, i'm no expert, I just love to run dogs.

post-212-1254530097_thumb.jpg

On this coyote Saker pins while Bonz and Driver are in the chest, he didn't last long. But running double by themselves, Bonz and Driver would go to the throat, I guess they were smarter than me on how to do it right.

The yellow dog in the pic is the dad to Uphill Doc's Grace that he did so much good stuff with. Now there is a man that will hunt and use a dog, my hat's off to him. Saker also sired the Bull x stags on the previous page, Mr G in Texas sure isn't afraid to use his dogs, too. Kye on here has the sister to Saker named Tor, the gyp who broke her neck but lived to work again. He is one of the young men who opened my eyes to see more than just a "point and shoot" use of a dog.

These dogs are out of good dogs bred to good dogs, anything that didn't work was culled, period. Not just my breeding, but back to old timers for who knows, at least a hundred years. But what makes these dogs good are the men who use them and test them and select only the very cream to breed to for the next generation.

I have spoken to Dan and he seems like someone to enjoy and share a hunt with. as are all the men i just mentioned. I wish i could meet most of youall on here for an evenings run or a mornings hunt, cause you boys are the last of the breed i am glad to be a part of.

Damned good thread, Dan, I have enjoyed it. It is October and time to go hunting.

..........all the best to you and all your dogs....Bob

As i've said before boys i've relly enjoyed this thread good to see every ones opinion. Hopefully one day i'll be able to open the front door and see coyotes out roaming the fields :D . Bob Saker just dont look right with a big long tail after i've seen and hunted Tor with her stub tail that she's broken twice hence now a stump lol, either way he looks a grand dog.

Would you yank lads say that the coyote is the cherry on the cake in regards to toothed game out in the states ? what about racoons and american badgers, what other toothed critters are hunted and test the dogs ?

Hi !

Take a look at this ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55vyYa1_1Uk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4T4H82Avo

Best regards

seen it before, i think its a jackal might be wrong.? Wonder if the the dog is a [pure saluki] or a x. it looks a strong dog, maybe a certain line they use for this quarry, any saluki lads no. What are saluki and saluki xs like on foxes pre ban, [not] ones with bull in them.????

one of the best threads iv read id love to go to different countrys and try different methods of hunting with or without dogs. :clapper: cheers dan

bird thats a nice dog i do like collie greys, is that the same dog as in the pic you have where your sat in the chair, he looks a big fecker for a collie grey nice and strong

and guys before you start iv got nothing against bullx or alauntxs but come on i dnt think theres any way it could do a coyote

could a bullx or alauntx kill one ...yes (and probably take some punishment)but could it firstly run one down and secondly have enough left in the tank to finish the job.......i dont think so.

as for a wolf dream on i dont think any dog alive today could. mabey the old irish wolfhound without todays show blood running through it might have a good try but i dont know

thanks again for the good read dan

sam

one of the best threads iv read id love to go to different countrys and try different methods of hunting with or without dogs. :clapper: cheers dan

bird thats a nice dog i do like collie greys, is that the same dog as in the pic you have where your sat in the chair, he looks a big fecker for a collie grey nice and strong

and guys before you start iv got nothing against bullx or alauntxs but come on i dnt think theres any way it could do a coyote

could a bullx or alauntx kill one ...yes (and probably take some punishment)but could it firstly run one down and secondly have enough left in the tank to finish the job.......i dont think so.

as for a wolf dream on i dont think any dog alive today could. mabey the old irish wolfhound without todays show blood running through it might have a good try but i dont know

thanks again for the good read dan

sam

Thanks sam, yes its the same dog, [blaze 3/8 collie 5/8 grey] 26in 70lb , he was tough dog done foxes for fun, good on rabbits but [great] on foxes. its old pic 91 i think?

blaze.jpg

rayandblaze.jpg