lamping for ginger!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest varmartin

Hi baldie,

going to have it chambered in 6mm br norma lapua brass with a .269 neck

expecting to take about 0.002 off lapua brass by turning.

i hope it will be just the ticket for long range and bench rest!!

this is the bench i just finished making.

resizewizard17ib.jpg

Guest baldie

I made a bench just like that buddy, with plans off the predator masters site, but the legs on mine are a bit thinner, cause i couldnt find any anywhere, any ideas?The 6br has haunted me for a long time, i ordered a cooper to be built in the states, but then realised it was 6br rem, and not norma, so it wouldnt have handled anything heavier than a 75 grainer, so i cancelled it [1 in 14 twist]I have a .243 i,m struggling to get a good load for, as i,m uncertain of the barrel life [ bought s/h] if, after this weekend, it wont shoot 1/2" with anything other than sierra match, the barrel is coming off, and a 6br or a 6mm swiss match is going on i think.You should be able to shove the 105ers outa a norma, here is the .243.

107f3f10.jpg

Guest varmartin

Hi baldie.

damn fine looking rifle --looks like A2 stock ,the shadows are throwing me a bit. thought it was a sako for a second or winchester mod 70, is that a 6.5-20x50 leup as well. had a but plate like that when i did field target in the air rifle days...nice...get a krieger 1in8 6br norma and never look back mate thats what im gonna do!!

fire everthing from 58 vmax to 107 match bullets out to 1000 yards...hot damn.

the legs on my bench are made from 1 inch ID gas pipe 36 inch long ..got to find a stall yet.

resizewizard21cm.jpg

Its a sako 75 in an a5 buddy :good: , 6.5 -20 x 50, from a good friend, who did me a favour price wise.

Hi guys nice to see what kit other people use , got to have your toys !!!! Just thought i would ask you all what types of lamps do you use for lamping and if you use calls which ones do you like????? All the best......RAY........... :D:good:

Guest Frank

Thats some very impressive looking rifles folks. :good:

Some serious ranges too. :icon_eek:

Some of my freinds do the same thing with their long range rigs, they are grouping at 1000yds at the moment. :o

Me self, well im just a fox shooter mainly :laugh: Be lucky if i can group at 300, let alone 1000yds. :no::icon_redface::laugh:

Frank.

Guest baldie

Its a sako 75 in an a5 buddy :good: , 6.5 -20 x 50, from a good friend, who did me a favour price wise.

Hi guys nice to see what kit other people use , got to have your toys !!!! Just thought i would ask you all what types of lamps do you use for lamping and if you use calls which ones do you like????? All the best......RAY........... :D:good:

We use a lightforce blitz with an orange filter, buddy. Usually the hand to call, sometimes a widgeon whistle, and the foxpro at certain times of the year.

hi frank nice to hear from you !!! As i said before it does not matter how far they are as long as you enjoy what you are doing!! --- It is fun when they are further out though!!!!!!!!! :D Frank what types of rifle and calibers are you and your mate using for the long range stuff???? Thanks for reply as well baldie , I currently using the clulite 1 million candlepower lamp and i use the andre georgescu fox whistle. A friend of mine who does alot of fox control uses the nightforce lamp ( nice bit of kit!!! ) and he has some different calls to see what works on the night!!!! All the best................RAY... :good::good:

Edited by varminter
Guest Frank
hi frank nice to hear from you !!! As i said before it does not matter how far they are as long as you enjoy what you are doing!! --- It is fun when they are further out though!!!!!!!!! :D Frank what types of rifle and calibers are you and your mate using for the long range stuff???? Thanks for reply as well baldie , I currently using the clulite 1 million candlepower lamp and i use the andre georgescu fox whistle. A friend of mine who does alot of fox control uses the nightforce lamp ( nice bit of kit!!! ) and he has some different calls to see what works on the night!!!! All the best................RAY... :good::good:

Hi Varminter,

My freind uses a custom built, in this country, a 6.5 x 55 heavy barreled rifle and a .243 sako laminated stock varmint rifle, stainless, fitted with a T8.

With the custom rifle, he has grouped very well indeed out to a 1000yds. I wont say the group size, as he wont want me to bost about it, but lets just say, we have not seen many groups like it.

I find it amazing, yet find the calculation of it all, very hard to get my head round. :blink:

I go along with him often enough, but all i am atempted to do for now is shoot up to 300yds with my little .223.

Once i get my head round things like, windage, alevation, wind speed, drop, mirage, ect ect and get myself a 6.5 x 55, i might give it a go. :D

But at the end of the day, as you said, i love it all. :yes:

Frank.

lightforce 170 riflemounted as they are light and produce a good beam ,when there is two of us it's the same lamp only hand held , as for calls i have found the wigeon call works quite well but my mate recently bought a digital electronic call and that has done realy well especialy over the north east, and south west scotland ,around where i live alot of the fox's are educated to the call so they take some getting

Hi guys some nice gear you have!!! I always find it interesting seeing what other people use and what they find works!! frank thanks for info on the long range rigs , I was drawn to the 6.5-284 because of the high BC of 6.5 bullets and the long range accuracy, I am using the a-max because they buck the wind well because of the high BC ( 550 ) and when used for hunting they sure do expand!!!!!!! Foxshot seen your pictures on your forum , well impresssed with your days hunting . Oh yes went with varmartin bunnie bashing got 22 rabbits so went to varmartins for barbe-que and had barbied rabbit and venison kebabs ( very nice!! ) Thanks varmartin. All the best everyone........... RAY.......... :good::good: