Greyhounds against cross Greyhounds

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT7dcloolIg...feature=related

I think there may be some lack of understanding cause of language barriers. Its obvious in this video that alot of these dogs are not pure greyhounds in the sense that we would call them. A sighthound is a sighthound gents and if they are good at their job, you can call em whatever the feck you want. We hare dogs here or jackrabbit dog whatever you want to call them and alot of them are cold blood greys we call them and they dont have an ounce of saluki in them and they will catch hare anywhere you take em just like yalls saluki cross dogs could come here and take hare the same. A good dog is where you find em and I think we all need to remember that from time to time.

3 dogs 1 hare no big test is it!!!!

If you want to catch a hare in Russia, you will have to use a several dogs. It is very difficult problem. I am surprised that you don't understand such simple thing.

unless you use saluki blood in your dogs :whistling:

sarcasm is erroneous. I wish you were in Russia...Maybe you would understand that saluki can not catch immediately and their stamina can not help in most cases because hare is very fast and dexterous...hare will hide in trees or shrubs or other barriers that's why dog can not fly for a long time...when i have a long time, I will give a detailed account of hunting's conditions and about dogs.....and I will ask you a questions.....

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia

Here in heavy sage ground, Saluki crosses will not never ever catch one of our jackrabbits. You have to use damn near straight up explosive type greyhounds. They are not track greyhounds though that break down. They are greyhounds that have been tried and tested for 100s of years in our deserts and rough ground and they hold up and have tons of stamina but are very explosive. I dont mean they have the stamina of the saluki type crosses cause they dont but stamina wont catch a hare in rough country here.

hunter from russia,

I am tryin to side with you a little but you are makin it hard. There are certain areas and our situations where "pure" greyhounds will not work. Get over it man. It aint no deal really. Good hunters hunt the dogs that work, not ones that dont work.

hunter from russia,

I am tryin to side with you a little but you are makin it hard. There are certain areas and our situations where "pure" greyhounds will not work. Get over it man. It aint no deal really. Good hunters hunt the dogs that work, not ones that dont work.

hes hard work dan!

hunter from russia,

hes hard work dan!

for sure but i like him

Russians and Americans not seeing eye to eye.... whatever next?

Dan, That video is rubbish its not in the slightest bit sporting and its if its just for pot filling, who wants to see what happens in a slaughter house? not me.

Edited by Daveo
Guest fence_hopper

Here is a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT7dcloolIg...feature=related

why did they need dogs to catch them hares they could of cought them themselfs lol they had no chance on that snow 5 dos in the first course and they still strugled i watched 2 mins of it what a load of crap and i cant see why a saluki x couldn't catch one of them. untill you try a good saluki cross you'll never know will you. i think we must have better dogs here lol

Edited by fence_hopper

Dan, That video is rubbish its not in the slightest bit sporting and its if its just for pot filling, who wants to see what happens in a slaughter house? not me.

:thumbdown: i thought it was crap if you need to get a hare that desperatly rifle it

Guest fence_hopper

:thumbdown: i thought it was crap if you need to get a hare that desperatly rifle it

i second that :thumbdown: