Greyhounds against cross Greyhounds

приветствие Hunter_from_Russia!

Nice to hear about hunting and russian greyhounds!

Russia and the Ukrain are different from the UK...the space and the hares are a lot bigger.

Russian and English greyhounds look alike but they are not the same.

This site has some good pics and also English translations:

http://www.chortaj.proc.ru/

cheers,

L

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many foxes in one day will your greyhound catch on its own,and how many hares can it catch in one day on its own?

Following the hounds is not shop. I can not find several a foxes in one day. But my grey will be able to catсh several a foxes in one day. Fox it is easy. But some greys are afraid of fox, but in general fox it is easy.

Edited by Hunter_from_Russia
приветствие Hunter_from_Russia!

Russian and English greyhounds look alike but they are not the same.

In Russian forum I found video of hunting with greyhound which was imported from Australia. This greyhound is black. Hunting Competition. hare is free and wild. It is superior quality. This hare was 4,5 kilograms.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4811642/12838084

if pure greyhounds were good enough for the job we would all keep pure greyhounds weve crossed the dogs we have over the years to make our dogs better at specific jobs generlly we use bull terrier blood to make our dogs harder for fox etc so they kill quicker and take punishment easyer we use the saluki to give our dogs more stamina a greyhound can not run hare after hare in this country they have no stamina..stamina cannot be improved in a fit dog it has to have the basis of this before it will run hare after hare! a saluki cross will put twice the stamina into a greyhound!...have you done any lamping in your country? you will run many foxes this way! if your greyhound caught 5-6 a night he would soon tire and quit a bull terrier greyhound will take this punishment with ease!

see that answers your question try your greyhound on 5 hares and see how he goes then get a saklui or x

and then they will catch more than any greyhound..... :yes:

I have already talked. According to statistics of competition grey is the best hunter for Russia. Saluki is slow for our country. Saluki don't have chance to catch hare in my country.....practically... Dog don't have opportunity to run long...In Russia there are trees, shrubs, other barriers...)))I know cases, when grey have taken three hares in day....

but you dont get it do you hares in your country are pretty the same so if they can catch them here then why not over their...if i only ran 1 hare like you ever day then i would use greyhound but i dont i run many things in a day so thats why :no:

see that answers your question try your greyhound on 5 hares and see how he goes then get a saklui or x

I have already talked. According to statistics of competition grey is the best hunter for Russia. Saluki is slow for our country. Saluki don't have chance to catch hare in my country.....practically... Dog don't have opportunity to run long...In Russia there are trees, shrubs, other barriers...)))I know cases, when grey have taken three hares in day....

a saluki cross will kill more than 1 hare a day every day and still not run out of breath!! if you think a saluki is too slow add a greyhound its what we do...then all of a sudden the greyhound you had is catching more as he can run longer further!!!

a saluki cross will kill more than 1 hare a day every day and still not run out of breath!! if you think a saluki is too slow add a greyhound its what we do...then all of a sudden the greyhound you had is catching more as he can run longer further!!!

If dog loses speed it will never catch even one hare in Russia. Such cross stands a better chance than pure saluki, but less than pure grey.

for example, your video of hare and dog. Dog and hare are tortoises. In Russia this dog will never catch...NEVER....