another good day ferreting

do a bit of ferreting for a land management company, a couple months back they asked if we could ferret a few areas on the bosses farm, they mostly shoot on taking something like 1200 rabbits in a 3 month period, but of course there were areas they couldent shoot due to public roads, footpaths etc, richie and ferreter216 had joined me and we had a cracking day, there was a derilect house and land, bordering the land we ferreted, which we could see had a few warrens on, so I asked if we could get permission there, last week they e mailed me and said we could ferret the land in question, so again, myself,daughter alix, richie and jack went there, we arrived early while there still a chill in the air, and climbed over the fence, having a nosey in the old house first, then around the land, christ it was lovely, a couple of falling down barns, a newish summer house and a decent barn, we all spoke about how you could easily live there in a caravan :yes:

anyway, the first few warrens gave us a dissapointing 3 rabbits, but then jack told us there was a large warren along a ditch/banking that was littered in holes, and ran a good 200yds plus, we netted around this, and entered the ferts at different ends, as they were all hobs, and had, had a few fights that morning, this produced another 6 rabbits, and was the most action of the day, we called it a day after this, and packed up all the gear, before richie gave us a demo on mole trapping, all in all, a great morning out, good company as always, thanks to both you guys, were definately do this patch again later in the year, most of the rabbits were carrying young, Im sure richie will post the days pictures pretty soon :clapper: