Fitness Help ~ Getting Fit For Army.

what regiment are you hoping to join?

all the battalions within said regiment will be in different places so chances are you will only be able to narrow it down to 2-5 places,you'll be able to request but theres no guarantee.

put it this way mate you cant be fit enough,i'd say to be on the safe side be able to run 13 miles and do an hour of intense circuit training aswell.

oh and as my old man told me before i enlisted 'IF YOUR NOT USING IT PUT IT AWAY' lol

What I am saying is joining the infantry is very much a double edged sword, Yes you see action..But after 4 years of shit pay endless exercises, stagging on, brewing up and doing at least 2 tours, Signing off seems a silver lining whereas in a corps, Its a fact you are treated better, Your Pay is better, You do as much on tour dependant on cap badge, and army life is generally more relaxed, Say for example 2 twins join at 17, One joins the infantry, the other the engineers then compare them both at 21..the infantry lad Gets thrashed through basic,Infantry school, then what?? onto his battalion, then a tour maybe then volunteers or is recommended for sniper training, PTI , Mortars etc...Whoop ti f*****g doo..I am sure marks and spencers will be queing up to take him as a security guard...

The Engineer lad joins up, Thrashed through basic, Then Gets ruined at Gib Barracks on his Combat engineers course, After which dependent on trade he gets all his licences at leconfield, Including C+E after which he does a years trade training at chatham on his A2 . He volunteers for p company, Passes, then is attached to 3 para for a tour, Does well comes back, Goes on his Lcpl cadre, Is picked up and is then loaded on the combat divers course, passes that, Then PTI before next level combat engineers B1 course and A1 trade course....Then maybe another tour before 21...

In comparison the infantry lad will be on around 18'000 per annum..While his brother will be pushing £25K PLUS ...All good fun cause some clown in the recruiting office decides his cap badge needs more blokes...Its all a big game..Just how well you play it, rests on your shoulders....

not all become secruity guards at marks and spencers....some join the infantry and enjoy doing countless tours as a front line solider ,then go on to other things and then leave after they have done their time and go on the circuit and earn 100k not bad for some simple ex- para reg mong ? but then not all are suited to solidering and some like being a frontline brickie.

What I am saying is joining the infantry is very much a double edged sword, Yes you see action..But after 4 years of shit pay endless exercises, stagging on, brewing up and doing at least 2 tours, Signing off seems a silver lining whereas in a corps, Its a fact you are treated better, Your Pay is better, You do as much on tour dependant on cap badge, and army life is generally more relaxed, Say for example 2 twins join at 17, One joins the infantry, the other the engineers then compare them both at 21..the infantry lad Gets thrashed through basic,Infantry school, then what?? onto his battalion, then a tour maybe then volunteers or is recommended for sniper training, PTI , Mortars etc...Whoop ti f*****g doo..I am sure marks and spencers will be queing up to take him as a security guard...

The Engineer lad joins up, Thrashed through basic, Then Gets ruined at Gib Barracks on his Combat engineers course, After which dependent on trade he gets all his licences at leconfield, Including C+E after which he does a years trade training at chatham on his A2 . He volunteers for p company, Passes, then is attached to 3 para for a tour, Does well comes back, Goes on his Lcpl cadre, Is picked up and is then loaded on the combat divers course, passes that, Then PTI before next level combat engineers B1 course and A1 trade course....Then maybe another tour before 21...

In comparison the infantry lad will be on around 18'000 per annum..While his brother will be pushing £25K PLUS ...All good fun cause some clown in the recruiting office decides his cap badge needs more blokes...Its all a big game..Just how well you play it, rests on your shoulders....

that 1st person sounds like a super remf though,put it this way if your very switched on and fit you'll be promoted faster in the infantry than the core.