little ankle biter!!

Guest deanhume

Guest deanhume

:( Has any one got any advise on [bANNED TEXT] i can do with this ferret? He is fine for handling but as soon as he is out in the garden he tries to bite peoples ankles if he gets half a chance!! He is a big dog ferret and hes definatly not just play biting. I have tried to nip hin on the back of the neck [bANNED TEXT] he does it but it has had no affect, he has not bit me yet but has bitten at least 5 other people ![bANNED TEXT] can i do! replies and advice will be appreciated. Cheers lads and ladies :cry::icon_redface:

THE DOGS BOLLOK

Guest deanhume

Its had a few good clips but its had no affect! OOh nd jordan a sent the clips away last week but they havent been in touch yet ! STILL WATIN BY THE PHONE WITH MA FINGERS CROSSED! lol :good:

THE DOGS BOLLOCK

I had the same problem with my big hob about a year ago...when he does it next time pick him up and stick yer finger down his thowt...dont wory he wont bite..put him stait back down and repeat untill he gets the message..let me know how you get on. :good:

Guest Uk_Hunter
I had the same problem with my big hob about a year ago...when he does it next time pick him up and stick yer finger down his thowt...dont wory he wont bite..put him stait back down and repeat untill he gets the message..let me know how you get on. :good:

:laugh::laugh::icon_eek:

Guest RobW71

If he works well and he handles ok, why worry, leave him in when you got guests.

Mine will course the pups around the garden, or did I should say(Hope thats not outlawed)

Regards Rob

:( Has any one got any advise on [bANNED TEXT] i can do with this ferret? He is fine for handling but as soon as he is out in the garden he tries to bite peoples ankles if he gets half a chance!! He is a big dog ferret and hes definatly not just play biting. I have tried to nip hin on the back of the neck [bANNED TEXT] he does it but it has had no affect, he has not bit me yet but has bitten at least 5 other people ![bANNED TEXT] can i do! replies and advice will be appreciated. Cheers lads and ladies :cry::icon_redface:

THE DOGS BOLLOK

[/quote

Last summer we had all the ferrets running about garden the kids were keeping an eye on them, then 2 of the young ferrets started jumping about tails were all puffed up and there backs arched trying to bite the kids and the dogs for no reason so they got put away but i think it was just excitment and lack of work. They've been fine since.

Guest wickidweasel
Try sqerting him with water when he does it :good:

thats worth a go it works with some dogs once he gets a few shocks and not the reaction hes expecting he should give up on the idea if not try a bucketfull :D

Guest deanhume

:) Cheers for the advice lads, i will try them ideas! He doesnt look worked up or anything when he does he just walks up has a sniff then sinks his b*****d teeth in! Even if he does not stop i will just keep him out the way of people, he is worth the hassle as he is an excellent worker! "cant wait to put me wellies on LOL" Cheers again

THE DOGS BOLLOCK

Guest wickidweasel
i read the other week to use lemons, rub the lemon on yoru hands/feet etc

has anyone tried this, how did you find it?

:laugh: im down to three fingers and still wont stop sucking mine like citrus

the stuff that stops you biting your nailes works