• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the open day last month and because I'd taken copies of my exam results/certificates I could have my interview there and then. Its a really relaxed interview, fairly informal. All of the staff have the same interests and passion for the countryside so that makes it loads easier. Just be yourself and dont worry, its a breeze. Im going on the ND Game and Country Management course in september. Hope this helps.

I went to the open day last month and because I'd taken copies of my exam results/certificates I could have my interview there and then. Its a really relaxed interview, fairly informal. All of the staff have the same interests and passion for the countryside so that makes it loads easier. Just be yourself and dont worry, its a breeze. Im going on the ND Game and Country Management course in september. Hope this helps.

when did they say you got into the collge

They gave me an unconditional offer straight after my interview, whether they do that all the time im not sure. I think it has alot to do with your qualifications and the amount applied for the course. They just asked the obvious really, what was I doing currently (Im 20 so i've been out of school and working on a dairy farm fo 2years) but most of the applicants are going on the course straight from school. They ask you like doing i.e Im a part time keeper, stalker, wildfowler etc. Its a really casual interview really, they dont sit there and bombard you with questions.

they've got a really good set up and I'm assuming you'll be staying on campus there's an armoury you can take your own gun, they have kennels you can take your dog (I was told these get snapped up really quick) hutches you can take ferrets. They have a pheasant/partridge shoot on the estate plus a large lump of woodland for your stalking modules.

they've got a really good set up and I'm assuming you'll be staying on campus there's an armoury you can take your own gun, they have kennels you can take your dog (I was told these get snapped up really quick) hutches you can take ferrets. They have a pheasant/partridge shoot on the estate plus a large lump of woodland for your stalking modules.

sounds great whereabouts cumbria are you from are you going to the taster day

Edited by 00taz11

Im live in south west cumbria, Millom. Im only 1hr 20mins away from campus so I might drive everyday yet but I need to do a number crunch to see whether staying on site but be better financially. I dont know yet, wouldnt mind going but its whether I could get the day off work.