Anyone From Australia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive through off licenses, empty beaches, wildlife, VB beer, open spaces and the chance to sit and relax in your garden without thermals and an umbrella...........not sure in Australia is ready for me spilling out of a pair of speedos :sick: Hope it does come off and we end up there.

Now I know a lot of stuff is hunted with dogs in Oz and through pm's a couple of ozzy lads have kindly answered my questions but legally what can be hunted with dogs, i wouldn't want to get collared and deported straight away :D

Stabs, hope you find good homes for your dogs :good: i think Queensland would be too humid and hot for me. Good luck with the pigs :good:, bought a few good mags out there, bacon busters etc , the only thing that has detered us from moving is leaving friends and family, we don't know anyone out there :cry::D

Drive through off licenses, empty beaches, wildlife, VB beer, open spaces and the chance to sit and relax in your garden without thermals and an umbrella...........not sure in Australia is ready for me spilling out of a pair of speedos :sick: Hope it does come off and we end up there.

Now I know a lot of stuff is hunted with dogs in Oz and through pm's a couple of ozzy lads have kindly answered my questions but legally what can be hunted with dogs, i wouldn't want to get collared and deported straight away :D

Stabs, hope you find good homes for your dogs :good: i think Queensland would be too humid and hot for me. Good luck with the pigs :good:, bought a few good mags out there, bacon busters etc , the only thing that has detered us from moving is leaving friends and family, we don't know anyone out there :cry::D

I know any indiginous species are pretty much a no-no mate, except for roos but then not with dogs. The boys were shooting them and goats for dog meat when I was last over. Disturbed put up a good list a few days ago of what you can take, but I'm sure it contained a few that are frowned upon :D If you're getting terriers keep the buggers away from wombats ;)

I'm sure I'll find a good home for the dogs, although I've not had any joy so far. It's going to be hard leaving friends and family behind, but you only have one life and I can't wait for every bugger to die before I start living mine. It's something I've wanted to do for agesand this is the perfect time. I'm engaged to an Aussie bird and as soon as my divorce comes though :whistle: I'm out of here. Fellman has already booked his holidays over there :laugh: I'll get him on some nice pigs with some dogs big enough for him to ride :D I'm getting married in April though as I don't think my lot from Co. Durham could handle the November heat :laugh:

I guess you're right Stabs, you only get one life and if you met some of my family you would put me on the plane tomorrow :yes: maybe if we end up in NSW I could visit Queensland for some pig hunting :whistle: Whats the deal with wombats :icon_eek: From what i've seen on this forum Fellman may struggle wearing his wax jacket in the heat :laugh:

Yeah, if you end up in NSW then you'll have to head over the border and we'll get you on some pigs. You'll have to be prepared for some right stick off my mates over there though. As long as you give it back in equal measure they'll love you :D

ute.jpg

Those wombats smash the dogs up underground mate. They crush them against the ceiling of the tubes apparently :blink:

Yeah, if you end up in NSW then you'll have to head over the border and we'll get you on some pigs. You'll have to be prepared for some right stick off my mates over there though. As long as you give it back in equal measure they'll love you :D

ute.jpg

Those wombats smash the dogs up underground mate. They crush them against the ceiling of the tubes apparently :blink:

the hunting is just as good in nsw mate

Cheers Stabs, Had years of stick at secondary school so well used to it :tongue2: Read your articles in EDRD a few years ago about hunting pigs in Queensland, you mentioned in one about the night sky in Oz being brighter than anywhere in the world and your dead right. I'll ensure I stay well clear of wombats mate :blink: I'll put them on my list with snakes, spiders, sharks, jellyfish........... :D

Cheers Markbrick, good to hear NSW will be well stocked :whistle:

Good luck with South of Perth, the margret river etc is real nice, never did much hunting down there, but had some real adventures ;)

You lads have the right idea getting out there, good luck to ye :good:

:good:

wombats are nasty, know a bloke who had a girl working for him, she turned her back on a wombat and it bit her right on the pink bits, she had a date that night to hahahaha they guy told me to never turn your back on one as that is when they will bite you, they are a big bunch of muscle.

legal quarry....

rabbits, hares, foxes, pigs

not sure on

goats

dingoes

wild dogs

illegal quarry

kangaroos, emus, and anything native

guess its a bit like over there, just like your fox and hare

edit:

good to see you guys are coming over here

as for nsw/qld u may be driving for many hours to get from one place to another, depends where you are

Steaminggutpiles is right, there is a need for good patts etc here, they are costly too $1000(from what ive seen) a pup, i guess that is because they are not so common

Hey Stabs, I didnt realise you were engaged to an Aussie.... It sure makes getting your visa a lot easier. Not saying that is the reason why you`re getting married to an Aussie. As you know, I married an Aussie three years ago, and I`m still with her and wouldnt leave her for the world, and thats saying something from an ex-player like me!!! :D

Terrier work, is friggin hard work out here. The ground unlike in the UK, is like cement out here. I had never had to dig down to a Terrier but then I wouldnt want to. It was bad enough diggin holes in the ground for the wifes fruit trees!!!