Drey Poking

a .22 airgun shot usually does it for me. try to hit the bigger branches then the pellets dont keep goin but get lodged in the tree ;).

Hughesey

Why hit the branches?how would that get the squirrels out of there drey?

think common sence short things cant get longer but longer things can get shorter. could you not make one what fitted together so your not having to carry a gurt great pole around

but instead of that why not have a catty in your pocket with a few stones of the floor i doesent take a sharpe shooter to putt a drew through with one!!!

If the poles are going to be expensive then I wouldn't bother with them...We had a day with a set of them about 3 years back, the only time they have been used....By the time you have extended the poles, navigated through the trees (the smallest twig gets the bloody thing stuck :wallbash: ), realised its another empty drey :wallbash: and then collpased the poles again you might as well have put a barrel through it!

Also if you're thiking of sneaking up with a set of poles and being quite it's not likely to work as they will p!ss you off so much you'll end up shouting and cursing at them...

In short, I wouldn't waste your money mate

If the poles are going to be expensive then I wouldn't bother with them...We had a day with a set of them about 3 years back, the only time they have been used....By the time you have extended the poles, navigated through the trees (the smallest twig gets the bloody thing stuck :wallbash: ), realised its another empty drey :wallbash: and then collpased the poles again you might as well have put a barrel through it!

Also if you're thiking of sneaking up with a set of poles and being quite it's not likely to work as they will p!ss you off so much you'll end up shouting and cursing at them...

In short, I wouldn't waste your money mate

ok but putting a barrel through the dreys isn't an option as i am using an air rifle

I been thinking about using my chimney sweep rods as they are stored in a tube that you can carry on your back but i've never taken them out as what me and my bro do is one wait at the bottom of the tree and the other one climb it then give it a good shake :D the last one i did though i was shaking the tree looking to see if anything was coming out and i swear to god the squidggy jumped from the nest onto my head then off onto another tree and i shit myself :icon_redface: my bro found it quite funny though lol

why dont you download a squirrel chatter on your phone and play it and wait under the squirrels they should poke their heads out with out getting spooked and it will be easier to carry

now that could be a good option because i have a squirrel call!